@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hey Tessa,
I live just a bit north of Canberra.
I keep forgetting it’s Australia Day. It’s not hot enough.I was never good at short stories. Didn’t realize that my daydreams were good grounds for ideas and tried to write about birds nesting under the house or some boring topic.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie You might get this today, cause our time will be closer than America. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie Hello. And no you’re not the first Australian. I signed up a few weeks/months ago. I am quite new to story writing and I certainly don’t write novels. 🙁 Scary!!! The most I’ve written is around a 5 page story. 🙂
Where about in Aus are you? I live down in Victoria almost on the border. Isn’t Australia a great place to live??? (Sorry…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
The idea keeps making me think of creepy creatures that only come out during the full moon.
Another odd fact. I first started my writing in second person. It was going to be choose-your-own-adventure style. It’s not actually too dreadful. I could swap it into first person easily and it would be better than all the other first attempts I made back…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Another odd fact. I first started my writing in second person. It was going to be choose-your-own-adventure style. It’s not actually too dreadful. I could swap it into first person easily and it would be better than all the other first attempts I made back then. They’re in third person.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Another odd fact. I first stated my writing in second person. It was going to be choose-your-own-adventure style. It’s not actually too dreadful. I could swap it into first person easily and it would be better than all the other first attempts I made back then. They’re in third person.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
No, it doesn’t sound weird! It sounds perfectly adorable and very interesting at the same time. 🙂
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy I know what you mean. Sometimes a story can tell me something I’d heard before in a way that makes it new and challenging.
I doubt that actual magic will find it’s way into my books. I don’t mind some kinds of magic, but I haven’t got any good ideas for it and my plot actually doesn’t need it. But why not have tiny dragons that…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Alright alright, I admit it @everybody, I can’t stay off here forever.
I wanted to tell you all about this great example of christianity in fiction that I have been reading a about. It’s in this book I’m reading that’s a great piece of historical fiction focusing on the Waldensians. In this book there is one this one small town of waldensians up…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I read the Hidden Hand so long ago that I don’t remember too many characters, but as long as I’m thinking of the correct book, I liked Travis. (he was the doctor, right?) In Ishmael, Bee and Nora were my favorites. Who were yours?
Yes, EDEN Southworth’s tenancies towards melodrama gets tiring after a few books, but when spaced sporadically among…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
And yes, I know what you mean about the fairytales stuff… some of it can be pretty unrealistic. I love the challenge of balancing out the ‘magic’ and ‘fantasy’ with reality though, and using them to show more strongly what is right and what is wrong. See, (as I see it) no matter how many magical powers your characters have, they’re still held…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh that kind of stupid! Nothing wrong with that kind of stupid. 😛 Yeah, I’ve had a few characters that act like that… 😉 But then it’s so fun to bring them to maturity in the end.
And technically you don’t have to be crazy to be a writer— but most writers devolve into craziness by the time they finish two or three novels. *wink*Good! Keep…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
This is what I said to my friend. “It’s a fairytale princess kind of story, though it is not going to have any fairy’s or magic or Gravity defying towers. I want every thing to be true to life, especially standards of right and wrong”
That’s actually still mostly true, despite the fact I’m not quite working on the same thing. There’s going to be…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
This is what I said to my friend. “It’s a fairytale princess kind of story, though it is not going to have any fairy’s or magic or Gravity defying towers. I want every thing to be true to life, especially standards of right and wrong”
That’s actually still true, despite the fact I’m not quite working on the same thing. -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think I’m crazy. But I do think I’ll keep writing. And @kate-flournoy I didn’t mean that she’s a stupid idea for a character, but that she isn’t particularly smart. She’s 17 and sometimes acts more like a 12-year-old.
And I know that it’s normal for the first draft to be dreadful.
Also I just looked and realized that I have a writing…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Wellcome aboard! This is colonel Lamb of the army of highly impressive nuts speaking.
Hey, don’t worry about how experienced you are. 90% of writing is stubbornness. I probably don’t have more that a month or two more experience than you myself, so I too am a complete newbie, but I’m stubborn about writing something publishable, so you know, some…[Read more]
-
Greta and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Welcome Anna! So happy to have you here! The first drafts of first novels are pretty much destined to be terrible (Mine sure was!!!) but that’s what editing is for! 🙂
@Kate-flournoy…Congratulations— you have joined the ranks of the most impressive army of nut-cases on the internet…you make me laugh. I guess it’s true though, huh? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh no, not stupid! Nothing is ever stupid so long as you are willing to take the time to fix it. 😛
So you think you’re hooked on writing then? I know I was by the time I finished my first ‘real-novel’— once the writing bug bit me I was bit for good. 😉 -
Anna Brie replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you write, a lot, of your own free will.
- Load More
