@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus — Cool, cool. The bulletin in a good idea. I think figuring out how to work logistics might be a challenge, but I like it. Keep thinking on it and if you have any more ideas on it, be sure to stick ’em here! Just messaged Rachel, and she’ll create a “big topic” for lack of a better word up today or tomorrow, and then you can go in and nest…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus — Cool, cool. The bulletin in a good idea. I think figuring out how to work logistics might be a challenge, but I like it. Keep thinking on it and if you have any more ideas on it, be sure to stick ’em here! Just messaged Rachel, and she’ll create a “big topic” for lack of a better word up today or tomorrow, and then you can go in and nest…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
Webinar wise, I was thinking maybe a group deal where we could just talk writer stuffs. Or we could do single cam things with a Q&A or something. I don’t know. Webinars would just be cool. 😛
So, how the faithwriters thing works. They have 4 levels, Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced and Masters. You start in Beginners or Intermediate, depending…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@spradlin Well, as for format, I’m not entirely sure, but it should probably include this information: Title, starting and ending date (if known and if it has a deadline), description including how much the person suggesting it actually knows about it and why they think it will be good, price, location, link, other stuff. I assume it would be…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Removing the ads in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus — Yes! You should be seeing ads in the side-bars and I think occasionally embedded in the articles. The ads are part of affiliate programs with different sites. We’re working on developing that more and more. Do you have any tips or ideas for different affiliate programs?
@sarah-h — No problem! I actually had an ad just like that pop up…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury — This is like Christmas. I refresh the page and more ideas. Don’t tell anyone, but y’all are my favorites. 😀 I love the webinar idea! Who would you want to lead them? Like, KP team members, verified authors, KP community members, etc? And what topics would you be most interested in? I checked out the faithwriter’s website! That…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
I am loving these ideas!!! *scribbles ideas into official notebook of awesome KP people ideas* Y’all are rockstars. 🙂
@Daeus — LOL! I’ll see what we can do about that generator. 😉 I love the idea of the event board! What format do you think would be best for that? Also, digging new forum topic ideas. Get the people talking. What would be in…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hey, I had an idea as far as contradictions. If she’s banished and rejected by everyone, what if she’s a really big people person and cares a lot what people think of her? I think that might be interesting…
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
And Lieutenant Mucklestone of the army of nuts reporting. *salutes* G’day and welcome to Kingdom Pen, Anna! 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
It’s actually kind of hard to think of stuff… you guys are doing an awesome job as is.
I’ve looked at the serial novel publishing guidelines and it would be pretty cool to get one of those going. But I guess that’s up to us, not you guys. XD
Maybe organizing some KP webinars. Every month… every other month… something like that.
Oh, and the…[Read more] -
Hope Ann and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Hope, I don’t have a Pinterest, but I could use Google images. Thanks for the ideas! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, you could have a fantasy world generator – type in a brief description, and a 3d navigable world appears fit with imaginary animals and flora.
… OK, probably not.
But one idea I just had is that you could have an events and opportunities board. Anybody who knows of a great event or opportunity for writers that is coming up soon or…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie Hello. Glad you’re here on this, the most awesomeist of writer forums! 😉
-
Hope Ann posted an update 10 years, 8 months ago
@spradlin I just wanted to say that I’m interested in opportunities to help with Kingdom Pen if help is needed. I know there was something posted about that awhile back, and I mentioned helping in an e-mail, and I think it was forwarded to someone, but nothing ever came of it… 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
This isn’t an idea, but I just want to say that I love the weekly prompts. I want to try to enter more this year, but it’s fun to be able to write up short scenes or see what other people have written up.
One thing which is a random idea…it would be cool if there were weekly or semiweekly good Christian writing music posts, with a section for…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Do you have Pinterest @gretald? When planning characters, it helps me to find pictures of them. I can’t always do this, but most of the time I can find one. And, strange as it may sound, the picture (as well as the name) quite often helps me in developing the character…it suggests all sorts of possibilities about if the character is serious,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Or maybe he is obsessed with marrying the MC and that is why he brought her to his castle, but she refused with vehement obstinance, so he sought the 9 powers so that he he control her to his will, and then found out that she controlled the 9 powers …
xD @Daeus
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
What I was asking is why he wanted to control them— why he wanted power, why he wanted prestige. It seems a little cheesy to me that he would want them simply for their own sake— simply because he’s wholeheartedly black and finds pleasure in them for the destruction he can wreak with them. What does he want to accomplish with them, and why?<…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
No, I actually agree to some extent with that @Daeus. What I was asking is why he wanted to control them— why he wanted power, why he wanted prestige. It seems a little cheesy to me that he would want them simply for their own sake— simply because he’s wholeheartedly black and finds pleasure in them for the destruction he can wreak with them.…[Read more]
- Load More
