@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Absolutely, and get your work edited as much as possible. You never know what’s wrong with your story until someone else tells you, but once you have heard the same thing several times, you start to break through the mental barriers and realize in clear terms exactly how you really should be writing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hey I just wanna say something really quick.
If you want to write good books, read good books. You can learn twice as much from reading one well-written novel than from reading a dozen books on how to write that kind of novel.
I would not even be writing today if my parents hadn’t seen to it that I had almost endless resources of high quality…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word processing software in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I use scrivener. I’m not sure how it compares with Storyist, but I think you can make notes for yourself similar to what you are talking about. Honestly, I hardly use any of scrivener’s features.
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Word processing software in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Has anyone used a word processing software other than Word or Pages? I’m thinking about getting Storyist, which I hear is similar to Scrivener. However, $60 is a lot of money (yes I’m kicking myself for not buying it with my NaNo discount before that expired) and I want to make sure that it would actually be helpful.
The main reason I have for…[Read more]
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Posting Comments in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
Sorry for the delay! It has been approved!
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Removing the ads in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-h — Glad to be of service!
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
@dbhgodreigns and @anna-brie — I like that idea! I bet we could add that onto the events/opportunities bulletin that Daeus was talking about!
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Awesome! @kate-flournoy It’s a great verse! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A hangman who always dreamed of making his living as a jester.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
And people who aren’t teens anymore. I’m not yet, but I know we have some people over 20.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
The first story I worked on had dashing young henchmen. (I didn’t write more than a few pages from random spots though.)
A reigning queen who isn’t evil.
A prince who is evil. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
An army of glow worms?
THAT… would be totally creepy. Especially if you had to fight in the dark… *shudder*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I love all the ideas here. ; )
A person who haunts a house of ghosts.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes! That is one of my absolute favorite verses, @gretald.
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done…
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I think there are plenty of dashing young Frenchmen. XD
A mentor that’s younger than the hero.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ooh— and an ugly elf. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A hero with a peg leg, eye-patch, and a golden tooth.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I read, “A dashing young frenchman. There aren’t enough of those.” Haha. Oops.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
A dashing young henchman. There aren’t nearly enough of those.
A gentle-giant Fezzik sort of guy who saves the tough-girl action princess.
An unruly queen constantly being reined in by her dignified daughter.
A plain old dumb dog in the place of all the fancy, super-smart dog types that are always the pets.Love this topic! Great idea, @hope! 🙂
- Load More
