@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh gracious that made me laugh. Very uncommon. Love it, Tessa!
-
BlueJay started the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum 10 years, 8 months ago
@jadamae I saw in the comments to my story, Princess Tess and the Perfect Story, that you’d love to read the rest. Well, here you go. Enjoy!
Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful princess. Which is how all good princess stories should start. She was as gentle as a lamb, as graceful as a dove and as rich as, well, as rich as could be. She…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh yes… *blushes embarrassedly* I talk to myself (well, not really myself) all the time. I also find I talk to my toy dog, who I have had for 16 years. He is very good at listening, always patient, never condemns me, or laughs at me, (like some people.) *glances around shiftily* And he does give some really good answers when he’s a mind too.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Also, I was looking at the top of this website…is one row of tabs pages and the other a menu? Or are they both menus? I assume if I make my menu the main navigation tab, only the things I put there will show up.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks, @daeus. I’ve spent part of the afternoon messing around on WordPress and now that I see all the things I can do, I’m wondering why I didn’t start there. 😉 One question, where does one go to create a category. And do you know what exactly the portfolio tab does? Could I link books there?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ve had a wordpress site for a few years now, though @daeus seems to be a little more glib at explaining things on the site building front.
I shall remain as backup if needed, though. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic kindleperneur in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow! This place is bestistest? That is sooooooooo cool! I guess I’ll have to stick around.
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I have a WordPress site and love it. I’m beginning to think there is nothing you cannot do on WordPress. The menus (navigation bar) are customizable You can choose what appears on the menu and what doesn’t. You can also make certain menu buttons under others. Like on KP, “fiction” is under “books” and “nonfiction” and “on writing” are under that.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yeah I talk to myself. But more, I talk for myself. I put myself in an imaginary situation and start talking. I might be myself as someone else but normally I am myself as me.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic kindleperneur in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi Daeus! Welcome to the bestiest place on planet earth!
Beware, I’m told that we’re a bunch of crazy nuts here.
Always good to have a new face XDWait a second… *gasp*… Watson, somethings a’foot here. I was sure I’ve seen that face somewheres before…
-
Hope Ann started the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m considering moving my blog from blogger to wordpress. Who here has a WordPress blog? Does anyone have some helpful tips as I try to find my way around? And does anyone know how the menus work, if you can create a linked page, and if you can post to individual pages or if all your blog posts go to the home page (like blogger)?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Reporting for duty. 😛
Yup, I talk to myself all the time. And this trick with colors is actually something I’ve known for a while. Only I usually don’t take it from the colors to the personality— I see the personality, and I assign them the color that fits them. Some can be quite complex mixtures of color, actually— and their color doesn’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes, wes talks to ourself all the time, precious. 😉 Well, not out loud unless I’m alone, but I do think to myself. Yes, that’s a thing. I have whole conversations in first/second person, making myself laugh in the process. Is that crazy enough?
Love your color characters, by the way. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
“Ow!”
A pirates passing me had punched me right in the gut. Aye, I knowed ‘e was playin’, but it still hurt me feelings. And punches hurt! He didn’t even notice that I started a-crying–until he looked back o’er at me. Aye, I hed a bit o’ a reputation for being a “softy.” But, I ter tell yer the truth, I weren’t no softy.
“O’, you just stop…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, Haha, great story!
@writefury and @kate-flournoy, I was laughing so hard when I read that the pet frog died and was then resurrected. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic kindleperneur in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Oooops, I put this in Start Here. Haha! Should be general writing discussions.
“Hi guys. I’m new here. What’s this all about?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ow, you made me laugh so hard @Daeus!
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Word processing software in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the info @Daeus.
I’ll have to check out ywriter. Thanks Anna!
@Sarah-margaret “Tabs” of documents?!?! Now that’s what I need! I had 7 word docs open last night. Thanks!
-
Daeus started the topic kindleperneur in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi y’all,
I found this great website called kindleperneur. I’ve only read two of the articles there, but this it looks great. Information here I’ve never come across before. Great stuff. http://kindlepreneur.com/blog/
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Poetry Critique PLEASE! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 8 months ago
Great poem @belegteleri. And my mum would love you. She’s always trying to teach us the difference between to and too; your and you’re; its and it’s and so on. (I’m at least getting better. :))
- Load More
