Talking to Myself

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tatiana
    @belegteleri
      • Total Posts: 97

I was talking to myself last night, and I suddenly came upon the topic of colors and how they make me feel. I’ve heard a lot about how blue is supposed to be a super relaxing and calming color, and red is supposed to be the opposite. I think of colors kind of like people, with very distinct personalities to each. So if you don’t mind, I would like to share my findings with you:

White: to me, white seems sort of naïve, not purely innocent as some people think. Just super naïve and silly, but not cute or funny silly, more like annoying, how can you possibly think that, silly. (Sorry, kinda got carried away there. :O)
      Black: I see a person like the Count of Monte Cristo (just finished reading that by the way), wronged, disillusioned, with sort of a jaded wisdom that comes from being in the world and seeing how horrible people can be.
      Red: a person who is given to violent excitement. Not exactly sure what type of violent excitement, but I don’t think I need to be specific here.
      Green: also excitement, but more troublesome instead of violent, and yet mostly innocent, kind of like Edward, from The Count of Monte Cristo (I just finished yesterday, so I may refer to it a lot).
      Gray: sort of a passive person, who stays in the background and doesn’t really care for anything. It’s interesting, gray is a very difficult color to put to a personality, maybe because it’s so boring?
      Light pink: I see a young girl, just entered into womanhood, and experiencing love for the first time. If I may again defer to the Count, I see Mercédés before Edmond gets imprisoned.
      Brown: a person who has been wronged and hurt, but still refuses to hate people and insists on seeing the good in them.
      Orange: a troublesome, crude, know-it-all young man (like a lot of the guys at the community college I went to last semester for Spanish).
      Yellow: a young boy, in a family who isn’t very rich, but they love each other and are content.

Tatiana
      @belegteleri

Oh, I believe I forgot to mention that I want to know what you guys talk to yourselves about and anything that you have discovered while talking to yourself that has made an impact in your writing or otherwise. Just curious! 🙂

“Are there other crazy people out there?” *squints and looks around suspiciously*

Hope Ann
        @hope
          • Total Posts: 1092

Yes, wes talks to ourself all the time, precious. 😉 Well, not out loud unless I’m alone, but I do think to myself. Yes, that’s a thing. I have whole conversations in first/second person, making myself laugh in the process. Is that crazy enough?

Love your color characters, by the way. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Reporting for duty. 😛

Yup, I talk to myself all the time. And this trick with colors is actually something I’ve known for a while. Only I usually don’t take it from the colors to the personality— I see the personality, and I assign them the color that fits them. Some can be quite complex mixtures of color, actually— and their color doesn’t depend on their character type as much as you might think.
            For instance, I have a young man who is extremely intelligent, brilliantly witty, killingly funny, extremely sensitive, incredibly courageous— okay, maybe I should cut out all the adjectives. Suffice it to say (if I finished my character sketch) by your chart he would be brown— but he’s not. He’s actually a mixture of light blue and gold.

And I have another character who’s a very quiet, background sort of person— but very strong, very decisive, and actually a little bit creepy at times. He doesn’t make a fuss, he doesn’t throw tantrums, he doesn’t raise his voice or insult people. And he is brilliant, brilliant red.

So… yeah. Interpret that nonsense however you please. 😛

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Yeah I talk to myself. But more, I talk for myself. I put myself in an imaginary situation and start talking. I might be myself as someone else but normally I am myself as me.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
              @bluejay
                • Total Posts: 1622

Oh yes… *blushes embarrassedly* I talk to myself (well, not really myself) all the time. I also find I talk to my toy dog, who I have had for 16 years. He is very good at listening, always patient, never condemns me, or laughs at me, (like some people.) *glances around shiftily* And he does give some really good answers when he’s a mind too. Plus he has a great sense of humour. 😛

but normally I am myself as me.

BTW Love that line @daeus

Tatiana
                @belegteleri

@daeus I also put myself in imaginary situations. Sometimes I’m being interviewed, sometimes I’m being threatened, the list goes on…

@bluejay
                  Yes, stuffed animals really are the best listeners, aren’t they? And it’s strange that they all have a killing sense of humor, unlike their owner (ahem, me).

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Tatiana.
                  Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

I think I’m generally cunningly explaining away something I messed up or telling people what to do (they especially seem to like that one ?), or placing myself in a conversation, debate, or speech someone else had, and of course doing much better … yyyyeeaahh …

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

Oh yes @Belegteleri and @Daeus, I do that ALL THE TIME. Especially the ‘being interviewed’ one— I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve done that and on how many different topics. 😛

Anna Brie
                      @anna-brie
                        • Total Posts: 312

I talk to myself. Or imaginary people who never talk back. I think about the conversations I might have if there was another person around. And if I think about it too much I end up talking about how I talk to myself about talking to myself. But I almost never do it audibly.

Tatiana
                        @belegteleri

Also when I talk to myself, I’m thinking about when I’ll have to talk to people in the future, and decided what I should say to them; and fixing what I had said to someone that was totally wrong and messed up. Being such an awkward person, that happens a lot. 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >