@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Remembrance Poem-what do you think? in the forum Poetry 10 years, 8 months ago
Hay hay! You use rhyme. I’m a rhyme-aholic myself.
One of the best things about this poem is that overall the rhythm of the words is pretty smooth.
Personally, I don’t think I would have had the last line of every stanza a near or exact copy. That is a good poetic trick, but I would tend to only do that when there are at least four lines per…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Yeah. The more I thought about it the more I realized that you were probably right. I’ll still be leaving it in though. If I base it on my parents, they probably wouldn’t actually talk about it at the dinner table and if my mum did ask, Dad would probably say ‘talk to you later’ But I want Anna to be part of the conversation, so that was my way of…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hmmm, yes that makes sense. I could definitely do that. Thx 😛
-
BlueJay started the topic Remembrance Poem-what do you think? in the forum Poetry 10 years, 8 months ago
This is a poem I wrote in remembrance of the men who fought in World War II. I have had quite a lot of feedback on it, but I’d like to see what you guys all think. Here you go-
Bombs exploded, bullets stung
Orders were to fight then run
For the men who went to war.Little food and dirty water
Life was sometimes just man slaughter
For the men who…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Her hair reminded me a lot of turtle soup. Now it could be because I was eating that soup, that made me think of it, but I really don’t know. I have to say I’ve thought of some weird things in the time that I’ve sat here watching people. The plaza is a great place to just sit and watch. Nobody takes any notice of me. I’m dull and quite. The only…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Her hair reminded me a lot of turtle soup. Now it could be because I was eating that soup, that made me think of it, but I really don’t know. I have to say I’ve thought of some weird things in the time that I’ve sat here watching people. The plaza is a great place to just sit and watch. Nobody takes any notice of me. I’m dull and quite. The only…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That’s for me not to know and for you to find out. Could be a horror story. Could be a romance. Could be a satire. Who knows? Could even be a poem.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Barbecued Baron. Delish. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You guys ALL have my sincerest sympathy! 😛
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Nice. I had a thought about this bit:
“What’s wrong?” she asked.
“Nothing,” replied Dad.
I still don’t understand why people say that when there really is something wrong. It’s one of life’s great mysteries.As far as I know saying nothing is wrong, or more commonly that you’re fine when it’s not true is something women do more that men. But n…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like it.
The only problem I had was that for a moment I thought some of the dialogue belonged inside the second story. I’ve since realized there isn’t any in that part, but it was slightly confusing. When Tess is telling the story, I think it ought to go inside quotation marks since she is speaking. -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
In a scene just before the climax, a certain character said “Let’s go”. He has been mentioned once since then. (or twice if you count my note, “What happenend to Wil?”)
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Smigly and I took a second swoop on the palace. This was the part I liked most. I let my wings fold as I dropped to the ground. Smigly flew over. “Sorry Bif,” he said, “Forgot the barbeque sauce. Be back in a moment.” Smigly was the most forgetful dragon I knew. Right now, that was a benefit because that meant I got to eat more of the knights, and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I can totally see Buckland in that, @writefury! 😛 Ugh… there are no words to describe my loathing of that character.
‘I glanced up from the clipboard in my hand and squinted my eyes against the bright lights of the set, fixing them on the two men who stood waiting for me to speak. “Okay, guys,” I said. “You both got your lines down?”
The…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ll occasionally forget characters as I write. In my trilogy, there was one scene where I had a character in the room, and then when I picked up the scene in the next chapter I forgot he was there and left him out of the whole thing. 😉
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @sarah-h Loved that idea! XD We actually have a running joke in our family that I’m “Somebody” and my brother is “Everybody”. 😛
“I say… er… good sir?” I squinted against the bright sunlight to the guide loading the camels ahead. He looked up at me, his white teeth contrasting sharply against his nut brown face.
“Yes,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Speculative fiction
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oops, I forgot to post a prompt. 😛 Write a scene between three characters: Everybody, Somebody, and Nobody.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Sure @levipierpont! 🙂
‘He had stood there for uncounted years. Just waiting— just watching. Just hoping they would come. He had never seen their faces, but he would know them regardless. It was who he was— why he was set here. To guard this door, though the blindness of his white marble eyes and the immobility of his carven form would deter…[Read more]
-
Haley Long posted an update 10 years, 8 months ago
So many wonderful people here in the KP community! 🙂
- Load More
