@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Ohio here as well… 🙂
Random fact of the day— we are currently suffering through the primaries of our presidential election, which happens every four years. And as @Daeus mentioned, today is Super Tuesday, which is special only because a great many of the states vote at one time.
And this election has been by far the craziest one I’ve ever…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I live in the bestistest state.
… Oh, that’s Ohio by the way.
Random facts about the USA:
.We have the world’s biggest hole in the ground.
.We are a republic, not a democracy (despite popular opinion)
.In the US, (at least it’s supposed to be this way) each state is more than just a division of the country with its own lower government. State…[Read more] -
BlueJay started the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi all. I sorry, but I am very curious. 😛 And since I live in Australia I’m even more curious. And since my two younger sisters are studying the 50 USA states I’m even more curious. (I’m going to die of curiosity)
But…which state do you live in? And I can’t start this, cause I live in Australia. But my state is Victoria.
Oh, and if you want to…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Wow! Thanks so much both of you. I will have to sit down and fix it up. This is going to make it so much better. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic In a 3rd person story… in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@ivy-rose In my story Princess Tess and the Perfect Story my narrator talks to Tess. She refers to Tess’s parent by the King and Queen. But if the narrator was talking to you as you read the book I would probably say something like this. “Then Tess’s parents looked out the window. I probably wouldn’t use their proper names. I don’t know if this in…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic In a 3rd person story… in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@ivy-rose In my story Princess Tess and the Perfect Story my narrator talks to Tess. She refers to Tess’s parent by the King and Queen. But if the narrator was talking to you as you read the book I would probably say something like this. “Then Tess’s parents looked out the window. I probably wouldn’t use their proper names. I don’t know if this in…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic In a 3rd person story… in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury I feel silly but I didn’t know there was a difference. 🙂 I think I’m doing 3rd person limited…I’m writing in Deep Point Of View if you are familiar with that.
(Totally off subject….I wanted to let you know that I will be at the Christian Heritage conference and I’d love to meet you! If you want to send me an email through my…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Nook Press in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
I’m curious. What do you like about it, Sarah? Does it just publish to nook, or other retailers as well?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Nook Press in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
I’ve never used it, but I’ve heard of it. My impression is that it is a reputable company. That doesn’t mean it is the right one for you though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Sure Tessa,
Stanza 1: “In a land long ago” might be better than “in a land far away”.
Stanza 2: “I’ll wipe out human”. It’s often ok to break gramar rules in poetry, but I wouldn’t end a sentence with an adjetive.
Stanza 3: I think the last two lines would flow better if you said, “His name was Noah. God drew him a plan.”
Stanza 5: Instead…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Cahndida Serkhaman replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
I would change some things…
The first verse… not sure what to suggest, but it sounds a little off from the rest of the poem. “And made Him so mad” is a huge understatement, which might work fine for this poem, but this line could be a lot stronger.
“Some seven of, some two” would sound better written as “Some of seven, some of two.”
“He…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Ooo, virtual ice cream! I’ve have chocolate, please. 😛
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
No problem! 🙂
And I used PicMonkey for my profile pic. It’s really handy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Where in Washington? My Grandpa lives in Puyallup near Tacoma and Seattle. (I assume you mean the state)
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 16:18
-
BlueJay started the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus (I’ll tag you so you definitely see this) 😛 Please help! I wrote this poem very quickly, which is surprising for me, so I feel like it still needs work, but I’m not 100% sure where. Any suggestions are welcome. 😀
In a land far away,
Where the men were all bad,
They swore by God’s name,
And made Him so mad.He said, “I’ll destroy…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm Thanks. I was still learning the ropes when I posted this. 😀 And once I finally realized how it all work it was too late for me to change it. ;P
Btw: How did you get a profile pic like yours? Did you use Photoshop? -
BlueJay replied to the topic How fast do you read? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
So @writefury you’re from Washington? That’s awesome. I should start a topic called “where are you from in the USA?” I wonder if we would get one for each state? 😀 Have you got snow??? 😛
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic I need help with a line in my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Hey! I just moved this to Novel Ideas because “Start Here” is for new members to introduce themselves. 🙂
- Load More
