@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Hey ya'll! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@faithdk, Cool! I’ve never had goat milk before. And yes, they tasted good. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus, that’s so cool! 🙂 Where you by any chance at the Celtic Ball in December of 2015? I thought I saw someone who looked like you there, but I wasn’t sure.
Hm… you just may be surprised. Obviously nothing’s certain, but I’ve a gut feeling you just may be surprised.
@kate-flournoy, I hope you’re right…
Okay, I just gotta say it right…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I just started reading another book by K.M.Wieland and I made an interesting observation. The first book of hers I read “Dreamlander” was amazing. Now I’m reading “Behold The Dawn”. It is also good, but I would rate it as a four-star book, not a five star. Why? Well, I asked myself that, and it made me realize something I’ve always instinctively…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Newletters in the forum 10 years, 7 months ago
Just wondering if anyone had suggestions or good ideas about what a writer’s newsletter should contain. I have a monthly one right now and I want it to be fun, yet somewhat official. (Basically, I want to use it for marketing at times, but I also want it to be fun) And I want there to be special stuff there that people who don’t get the newsletter…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
That is quite funny, actually. And ‘Republican’ used to be a dirty word— now it’s the other way around. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
You know what’s really funny. I just thought about this, but the republican party is called the Grand Old Party, but the democratic party is actually older.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
-Trump’s probably going to win the Republican nomination. Sadly. Very Sadly.
Hm… you just may be surprised. Obviously nothing’s certain, but I’ve a gut feeling you just may be surprised.
Now if Rubio would drop out, that might flip things right around.
I cannot tell you how much I wish he would drop out— and Carson a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
-Trump’s probably going to win the Republican nomination. Sadly. Very Sadly.
Hm… you just may be surprised. Obviously nothing’s certain, but I’ve a gut feeling you just may be surprised.
Now if Rubio would drop out, that might flip things right around.
I cannot tell you how much I wish he would drop out— and Carson a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well actually @Sarah-h, in my current novel the MC’s arc spans… eh… one two three four… four? Yes, four years, and it’s not been either annoying or unrealistic. In fact, it’s more realistic to have the character take a long time to make up their mind, because no one really makes snap decisions on that level of importance… specially when…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Character conversions and death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
So, I was thinking the other day about how much more a Christian author has to do when writing a Christian story than a ‘normal’ author has to do. And this mainly has to do with characters being Christians. In a ‘non-Christian’ story, a bad guy might redeem himself and die in the process and it’s somewhat sad but everything is as it should be. In…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Character conversions and death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
So, I was thinking the other day about how much more a Christian author has to do when writing a Christian story than a ‘normal’ author has to do. And this mainly has to do with characters being Christians. In a ‘non-Christian’ story, a bad guy might redeem himself and die in the process and it’s somewhat sad but everything is as it should be. In…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, I’ve written 2500 of today’s 5000 words and am on here taking a quick break. 🙂 I’m writing 5000 words a day for five days (i.e. this week) so I can complete the rough draft of my novella. The story itself is going well, though sometimes I fear it may be a little slow. And writing is going well to, though there comes a point around the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
No way. I live in the very northern tip of London pretty near grove city. I’ve got friends in and around Delaware.
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Near Columbus (north of Delaware). What about you? @Daeus
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Especially if you’re an Ohioan. Say, where are you in Ohio?
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus, true, true. Sorry. 🙂 Okay, I’ll stop now. I just need to give it back to God.
All that being said, I’m proud to be an American, and America is truly a wonderful place to live. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
The creation museum is great. I’ve been there probably like 17 times or something. Did you hear they’re going to be expanding it? ICR’s also opening their own creation museum down in texas.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
The Ark, yes @Daeus! And we have a Creation Museum…has anyone been there? I have, twice.
Anyhow, I live in Indiana, otherwise known as the crossroads of America. And yes, lots of corn and soy beans. And some winter wheat; that’s cool to watch grow in the spring.
But @kate-flournoy…no American authors? What about Mark Twain (some of the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Chill Greta, fretting goes nowhere.
Now if Rubio would drop out, that might flip things right around. Of course, that’s in God’s hands.
As far as I know, you can own a gun in any state without a license, there are just restrictions to where and how you can carry them unless you have a license. That and machine guns are almost impossible to get…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Duh, what am I thinking. We’re building the ark! That’s what’s cool about America.
- Load More
