Hey ya'll!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey ya'll!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Faith Kindred
    @faithdk
      • Total Posts: 139

@gretald
      Really? That’s neat. I guess there’s a lot of “farm folk” on here, huh? 😉

@sarah-h

Well, I’ve written quite a few different things…but I think fantasy/fiction novels are the most fun for me to write (although, definitely NOT the easiest…and I’ve never finished one 🙁 Sadly, I’ve picked up the bad habit of writing tons of book beginnings and never getting to the endings of them). I have gotten three articles concerning the protection of Mexican Gray wolves published before though -in the Santa Fe New Mexican, Salt Lake City, and Missoula newspapers. 😀

@ivy-rose

Wow! 11 years…I definitely hope I can say I’ve played for that long someday. 🙂 I took piano for 2 years, but I soon got bored with it (I naturally play by ear, and although it’s definitely a special gift, it has it’s disadvantages when it comes to learning notes) But yes, I really enjoy violin and I’m glad I have the opportunity to learn it. 🙂 …Yeah, goats are pretty fun 😉 They don’t need too big of area though, so long as you get the smaller breeds (such as Nigerian Dwarfs or Pygmies) and only have a few. Of course, it’s pretty hard not to get too many though. Haha. They’re just so cute!

Jada Morrison
      @jadamae
        • Total Posts: 199

Welcome to the forum, Faith! Prepare to be inspired 🙂 I play the violin too! @Ivy-rose when did you start playing?

Faith Kindred
        @faithdk

Thanks, @jadamae! 😀 That’s awesome you play the violin too!

Rosey Mucklestone
          @writefury
            • Total Posts: 467

@faithdk Haha, yeah.. you’re way ahead of me on the farm thing. We mostly raise thwarted attempts. (Chickens- eaten by eagles. Sheep- attacked by dog. Cows- running away.) So, awesome job keeping goats and chickens going! *thumbs up*
            That’s cool about your articles! Quite a variety of newspaper locations, too. Howdja pull that off?

Faith Kindred
            @faithdk

@writefury
              Haha…Thanks. We tried cows once. Didn’t go so well either. (My mom accidentally fed them clippings from a poisonous bush that we knew the goats could eat, but unfortunately, cows couldn’t) 😛
              And yes, it was so awesome the newspapers actually published one of my articles! 😀 As far as pulling it off…Well, I follow a Mexican wolves page and so I heard about some different problems going on at the time about the wolves’ protection. So, being the wolf-lover that I am, I searched for different newspapers that had been concerned about it, and decided to make myself heard! I just explained why wolves are so important to the economical system, and all that sort of stuff…. Haha

Greta
              @gretald
                • Total Posts: 450

@faithdk: Yeah, seems like it! So how many goats and chickens do you have? We’ve had chickens for quite a while now, but just this year we decided to try raising sheep. It’s been interesting…(we have no idea what we’re doing 😛 )

Ivy Rose
                @ivy-rose
                  • Total Posts: 102

@jadamae I started playing in the fall of 2005. I was seven years old. 🙂 My brother (then 5) and I started at the same time! After seven years of classical violin, we switched to bluegrass/country/old-time fiddle. We both find fiddling SO much more fun than classical. 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

@faithdk – Wow, you’ve been published three times? That’s awesome! Congratulations! How did you structure your articles? I’m still trying to figure article structure out. 🙂

Anna Brie
                    @anna-brie
                      • Total Posts: 312

@Faithdk I was doing some research on goats just yesterday. Getting some is an idea one of my brothers and I have considered a bit several times. Neither of us are really animal people though, so we probably won’t do it.

Faith Kindred
                      @faithdk

@gretald
                        We did have 8 goats (two baby bucks were sold this morning)… so now it’s only 6. And I think we have 7 chickens. Sheep, huh? They sound fun! 🙂 And don’t worry.. ha-ha. (when we started with our goats we didn’t know what we were doing either 😉 ) So, how many sheep do you have then?

@sarah-h

Thank you. 🙂 As far as structure goes, to be honest, I didn’t really structure at all (if you were referring to outlining and stuff)… Sorry I’m not much help 😛 I really just began writing whatever came to mind, and then later I edited it. It was my first time I ever really considered writing an article, so I didn’t (and still don’t) know exactly “how”.

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

That’s okay. 🙂 I write best when I don’t try to structure it, but I wasn’t sure if that was okay. It’s nice to know I’m not the only writer like that.

Greta
                          @gretald

@faithdk, we have 3 sheep (we had 6, but one died and two became food…) 🙂

Faith Kindred
                            @faithdk

@sarah-h
                              Yes! You are definitely not alone when it comes to structuring, believe me! 😉

@gretald

Aw, well did they taste good at least? Haha… We’ve just started milking one of our goats today. It’s been so long since we’ve had goat milk, so I’m excited 🙂

Greta
                              @gretald

@faithdk, Cool! I’ve never had goat milk before. And yes, they tasted good. 😛

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >