@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann's profile was updated 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer I think the first “then” is good, but the one in the last stanza I would probably change to “on”. If you do that, you might also want to change “line by line” to “line on line” just to match.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
:O Sarah!!! So this is the kind of friend that I’m emailing with?!? *Faints* 😛
@overcomer I do love the beach. You make me wish for summer all again. We are into our first month of autumn and heading for winter. 🙁 (And my birthday 🙂 )
@kate-flournoy A wise move. I shall endeavour to do the same. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I shall remain silent. *zips lips* 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Love the poem. Only thing I don’t get is the “then” in the last stanza.
Love “dust and ink”
Also might consider “Legacy of ink”, “Child of thought”, or “The typewriter’s memories”
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Much sneaky. Very devious. Don’t tell Reagan. 😛 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Gosh, @spradlin, how devious!!! 😛 😉
I would love it if you’d post it here, @overcomer. 😀 Seriously.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Gosh, @spradlin, how devious!!! 😛 😉
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Definitely a little envious! My spring break is in the past now. Just gotta make it to summer. *fails at self motivation* xD
Here’s a sneaky-ish way around that: post it, get the critiques, and then edit your post to remove the story once you’re done getting critiques. 🙂
You should definitely post it here! I for one would love to read it and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Hm… ‘Dust and Ink’? ‘Endurance’? ‘An Inky Legacy’? ‘Forever’?
Love the quick, tight rhythm, by the way! I honestly can’t find anything I would change. Nice and simple, but pithy at the same time. Love it. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Written Words.
Ha, I thought of another one. Yay! (Don’t know if it’s any good though.) -
BlueJay replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer Ooooo….great poem. I really loved it.
Hmm…titles. Not my strong point.
The typewriter.
Words.
“Come on Tess. Think, think.” *scrunches up eyes and holds breath* Gasp, gasp, gasp. “Nope, that’s all I can think of for now.” 🙁 Sorry -
Daeus replied to the topic KP Needs Your Questions on Time Management in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@faithdk You can get software that will block you from using the internet at certain times. If that leaves you without inspiration, maybe you could try chewing over the plot while you take a walk outside or something.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic KP Needs Your Questions on Time Management in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for your help, everyone! Your thoughts are helpful for us as we figure out what we’re doing with our to-be-revealed special project! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
He smiles crookedly and comes to stand just below me. “You don’t do this whole ‘Old English’ thing much, do you? That’s okay. I don’t do it too well either, and I’ve been here for… oh, about a year already.’ He pauses, and a tiny furrow creases his forehead. “Actually… I’ve been waiting for you. You did bring the box, didn’t you?”
I open my…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
“You came here in that magical box of yours, remember?” He frowned, “I’d think after all the time you spent explaining it to us you would at least remember you had it…”
“Oh…” I felt my face grow a little red, but I tried to keep my expression the same, “Yeah. Just… seeing if you remembered right.”
So that’s it then? I’m a time traveler? I…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
“You came here in that magical box of yours, remember?” He frowned, “I’d think after all the time you spent explaining it to us you would at least remember you had it…”
“Oh…” I felt my face grow a little red, but I tried to keep my expression the same, “Yeah. Just… seeing if you remembered right.”
So that’s it then? I’m a time traveler? I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer You could always name it after the first line or first part of the first line.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Generally poems tend to have repeated words or lines scattered throughout. You could pick one of those. Or just call it whatever the poem is about. “Rain” or “Bumblebee” or “Broken heart” sounds fine. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Let me try that again… for some reason I switched to past tense.
“Who are you?” I manage to ask him.
“Someone who knows why you’re here,” the man answers.
I can’t stop staring at the man. There’s something unusual about him that I can’t put my finger on… - Load More
