KP Needs Your Questions on Time Management

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions KP Needs Your Questions on Time Management

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Josiah DeGraaf
    @aratrea
      • Total Posts: 717

Hey all,
      I don’t frequent the forums terribly often, but the Kingdom Pen team is working on putting together a currently top-secret project having to do with time management for writers, and we need your help. What are some of the things that you struggle with the most about time management as a writer, and/or what are some aspects of time management that you’d like us to address if we were to put together something for it? I’m not sure when exactly we’ll be announcing this project, but let us know what you’d like help in with regards to time management, and we’ll see if we can put something together about it. 😉

-Josiah DeGraaf
      Editor for Kingdom Pen

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

David B. Hunter
      @dbhgodreigns
        • Total Posts: 89

How do you figure out which project to work on? When you have one in the rough draft stage, one in the editing phase, and a couple of blog posts you need to write.

The Happy Bookaholic
        @the-happy-bookaholic
          • Total Posts: 61

School. How to balance the eight plus hours of school with writing? I’ve read that you should write for two hours a day, but I just can’t seem to find that kind of time.

And also, how do you continue to write short stories and stuff like that when you have a larger novel project looming along?

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

Quit school. That’s one solution.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

David B. Hunter
            @dbhgodreigns
              • Total Posts: 89

@Daues Not sure if that idea would fly past my parents. 😉

Greta
              @gretald
                • Total Posts: 450

@Daeus, That’s a great idea! I’ll just stop doing school and write all day…XD 😉 😛

Faith Kindred
                @faithdk
                  • Total Posts: 139

Hey, I’m cool with quitting school and writing all day! 😀 (…but I’m graduating next year, so it wouldn’t make much sense to quit now I guess 😛 )
                  What I probably struggle with the most about time management is actually using time management. I’m sure everyone knows the feeling: you log in your computer. You open Microsoft and start typing. Suddenly, you have an inspiration breakdown and decide to look on Pinterest for help. One link leads to another, and before you know it, a couple hours are gone! For me, it’s a problem that almost never ends. 😛 Some advise concerning this might be beneficial. (If there are any writers out there like me 😉 )

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Faith Kindred.
                  Josiah DeGraaf
                  @aratrea
                    • Total Posts: 717

Thanks for your help, everyone! Your thoughts are helpful for us as we figure out what we’re doing with our to-be-revealed special project! 🙂

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@faithdk You can get software that will block you from using the internet at certain times. If that leaves you without inspiration, maybe you could try chewing over the plot while you take a walk outside or something.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Faith Kindred
                      @faithdk
                        • Total Posts: 139

Thanks @Daeus 🙂 I’ll keep that in mind.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >