@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @hope, I can definitely see that. Both books were written to make a strong point, not to make you feel good, therefore both plots were highly, highly realistic. If they’d been written just so they could be realistic it wouldn’t have packed as much of a punch, but since they’re realistic to seal the message they’re very powerful.
*ahem*…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald @rolena-hatfield YES. That, and trying to read people’s faces. I know, I’m so creepy… but I love trying to guess what people are thinking by studying their expressions.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@rolena-hatfield, yes! Watching and listening to people is great for your writing…and not to mention fun. I’d love to just sit at a coffee shop for a couple hours and watch people coming in and out and listen to their conversations. 🙂
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Eat yogurt covered grapes and ice cream while you write. Seriously it’s very inspiring. Unless you have allergies.
On a more serious note… Watching people is very helpful to writing. How do they really react in situations, hands motions, nervous habits etc.?
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay That’s okay. I’ll just tell you what I’m feeling and you can tell me what’s wrong with me! And if you HAVE to look down my throat I guess we could do a video chat :p
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
HAHA! @rolena-hatfield. Hmm…that might be bit hard as I don’t live near you. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yikes! @overcomer That’s terrible. Oh those poor baby chicks. *cries loudly*
Hmmmm….I’ve nearly ridden over a snake with a bike when I was very little. *Scary* -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy I read Lord of the Flies a few years ago. It was really interesting; different from anything I’d read and yet fascinating. It reminded me a little of Animal Farm by Orwell.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace Exactly! From the beginning till now, the kingdom of Pen suffers violence and the violent take it by force.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay guys… I just read Lord of the Flies. A friend gave me a copy— I was a little leery at first (with a title like that, you can’t be too cautious) but having finished it, I highly, highly recommend it.
I don’t think I can say I enjoyed reading it, but it is by far one of the more powerful books I have ever encountered. It made me think a…[Read more] -
Greta and
Jackson Graham are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible.'” ~~~Audrey Hepburn
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Don’t panic if your first draft is awful. That’s what editing is for.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
It’s not as scary as you think to let your story be edited and critiqued by others. It’s actually the one of the most beneficial things you can do for your book.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay I may take you on as my full time physician. I like your prescriptions. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Don’t stress about an outline. However, it helps me if I basically know where the story’s going before I begin writing. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Have a thick skin. 😛
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Well, it’s a novel and I’m not very far into it yet, but I will send you it when I’m done, maybe even before. Also I’m not certain where the current scene actually fits.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welp, here I am again in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
*runs in* I heard the word ‘sick.’ *shakes finger at you, @rolena-hatfield* You shouldn’t eat so many sundaes in one go. It’s not good for you. *shakes head sadly* Pop them into the virtual freezer and eat them slowly. One per week. *writes it on paper and hands it to you.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh wow! You’ve got to send me that when you’ve finished it. It sounds very exciting.
- Load More
