@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Wait up! *puff puff* I’m here. Ready. Set. *realizes you’ve already gone.* Goes.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*Doesn’t wait to be told* Ready. Set. Go!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooooh *excited whisper* cookie cookie cookie… I love da cookie…
-
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
~Benjamin Franklin -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Sailboat Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
What they said @writefury. 🙂
And I love this— it’s a classic example of everything I cannot do. It’s simple but powerful, cute but touching, and above all lean and to the point. Excellent work!
-
BlueJay started the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know if there are any of stop motions out there who are writers too, but even if you’re not, you’ll probably still enjoy this movie. This is one that I made last year for a competition. It is based on the series of books “The Kingdom Series” by Chuck Black. I hope you enjoy it. 😀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnaGaEBI9K0
Feel free to…[Read more]
-
BlueJay started the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know if there are any of stop motions out there who are writers too, but even if you’re not, you’ll probably still enjoy this movie. This is one that I made last year for a competition. It is based and the series of books The Kingdom Series by Chuck Black. I hope you enjoy it. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@anna-brie Ok. I’ll be busy till 10 too. 😀 And I’ll be writing at 10:30 with @daeus if you want to join us for the half hour. (And we can make it an hour if you want to continue) 🙂
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay I’ll be home all day, though I’ll be busy until about 10:00 (I’ve used Charlotte in my profile picure elsewhere in the past.)
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald — Absolutely!
@zoe-wingfeather — I think that’s great advice! I use people that I meet and family/friends all the time, especially when you’re getting started. Sometimes, too, I find it helpful not to start with appearance. Sometimes a line of dialogue will pop up in my head and then I create the character around that line or few…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Sailboat Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury I would change a couple little things, but not much. The best thing about this poem is that it really personalizes the boat. *adds boat as friend on Facebook* Oh, and also the rhyme (I love rhyme).
Here are the little tweaks I would make:
And wood deck a sheen
Sounds strange. Decks are not sheen, they have a sheen.
As darker clouds…
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Little Sailboat Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
O wow! @writefury That is really good. I really do like it. I’m not very good at poetry, but I would fix or change anything. *Other people might think differently. 😛 *
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Little Sailboat Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Just me writing a poem.
A poem that… surprisingly fits my avatar. 😛
Anyway. Thoughts appreciated!New little sailboat
Painted and clean
With sails so white
And wood deck a sheen
It sits by the dock
Prepared to explore
Waves lap and call
For departure from shore
Brave little sailboat
Sets out at last
Taming the waves
Putting…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ll join you @writefury and @hannah-olsen I read way too fast. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ll join you @writefury and @hannah-olsen I read why to fast. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ll join you @writefruy and @hannah-olsen I read why to fast. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Love the lollypop, @daeus. XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome, @hannah-olsen!
Awesome to have you!
*gasp* you’ve been to New Zealand?! luckyyyyy… 😛
And finishing books in record time? *highfives* Me too! We can be reading cheetahs together. 😀 -
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Haha @daeus. 😛
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@hannah-olsen
Welcome Hannah!!! *throws sparkly confetti* So glad to have you on the forum!
Idaho is so beautiful! (That’s were I was born) Enjoy it for me!
Yay an Elizabeth Gaskell fan! I’ve seen Wives and Daughters and have yet to read the book! - Load More
