@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury There is a little more romance in the movie, but not too much. There’s a little more action towards the end and it does stray from the book though the idea is the same. But I enjoyed it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I'm So Mad At Dickens!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus… *mysterious smile* You’ll be very glad to hear that your outrage is totally for nothing. Finish the book. Believe me. I know why this happened— but in the end you figure it out. Don’t worry. You don’t need to be mad at Dickens.
Finish the book.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Tag – @anna-brie
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ok, so I wrote for half an hour to make up for it. I’m writing a poem for the comp and got 124 words written. I’m pretty please with that as poetry is not my “thing.” It does get easier the more I do it though.
And I’m sorry again. 🙁 I’ll try to do better tomorrow. Do you want to write 12-1? *I will remember* Let’s just blame @daeus. He’s…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m so sorry @anna-brie. I forgot!!!! 😮 *cries really hard.* I got occupied with my sister’s school work and did a few jobs for mum and then realized that I’d missed. So very sorry. 🙁 *wails miserably*
I can write later if you want to write with me. *falls to the ground in desolation* **How could I forget?!?!?!?!** -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I got 467, following on from yesterday. I had to change point of view in the middle.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Sounds good. I’ll do that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@anna-brie What about 4:15-4:45? If not 4:30 will be ok, but I might stop a bit before 5. Depends when we’re having tea.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay 4:30-5:00 or 5:30 would be good.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic I'm So Mad At Dickens!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Wow, I would not have expected that topic title from you. I was looking at it on the homepage wondering who it was while it loaded. My guess was Tessa or maaybeee Kate. Then it popped up and I went “Wow. What happened?”
Definite cautionary writing tale, though. Character arcs can’t be sudden, no matter which way they’re going. You’ll lose your readers.
-
Daeus started the topic I'm So Mad At Dickens!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
It’s a good thing Dickens is gone, cause I might give him a knock on the head if he was still alive. Ok, it’s not that bad, but whatever you do, don’t do this!!!
So I’m listening to Dickens’ Our Mutual Friend (spoiler alert). I was liking it a good deal for the first half of the book (no surprise there), but then he made me very upset. Here’s…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury — Cool! Think you could find the source again?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@anna-brie Just letting you know that I won’t be able to write this afternoon as I’m out till 4pm. If you want to write after that, let me know. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Little Sailboat Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks so much guys! 😀 I’m glad you liked it and I’ll make any changes that need to be made. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@spradlin Awesome! 😀
I’m… not quite sure on the copyright thing. It was free clipart off google. -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope Huh. Mom watched the preview and seemed kind of annoyed by the enhanced romantic element. Maybe I’ll give it a try. 😛
Gathering Blue… was pretty good. It’s a different world. But the ending sort of derails a bit. It’s building up the mystery on one topic and then sort of plot-twists on another topic and doesn’t quite resolve.
Messenger I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*eats cookie too*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
344 Haha I beat!!!! 😛 *eats cookies* See what you’ve started me doing @daeus. I can’t stop eating cookies. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay 328
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Writing Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury — I sent the image over to Laurel, and she loves it! She thinks it’d look great on a mug too. Here’s her question: is the illustration yours or is it copyrighted or what? If it’s copyrighted, we may have to make some changes before we can put it up in the store (‘cuz it’s a brilliant graphic!)– but you could totally work with Laurel on it. 🙂
- Load More
