@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If you guys would be so kind as to help me…. in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
You want it to be timeless? 🙂 That’s a good thing. I do think that’s something very worthwhile to strive for.
But I also think it would help if you included the best of both worlds.That said, you still did a lovely job. Keep it up! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Ah… I see. Wow, I’ll have to think about it! 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Ooo, I really like Ruth Sanderson’s paintings…I wonder if our library has her retelling of the story?
And a secret castle or hideout; that’s a good idea. 😉
Hmm *slips into rambling mode to think better…no one need take notice*
Why are the princesses dancing? What are they really doing and what are they trying to hide in t…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You know the times when you like something but don’t have much to add? Well this is one of those times.
My first reaction was to remember that characters should be proactive. But even that is reaction in a proactive manner. -
Daeus replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and let me add something.
“Immediate reactions to another character are just as important as major plot reactions but are more often missed.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@rolena-hatfield paper always does that. In fact, I just lost some cash today and found that I had accidentally thrown it away in the trash can. We should switch to gold and computers.
@kate-flournoy I like that fancy seal.
Ok, I think you’ve got a point. It really is even more about reaction. I’m not talking about plot though. That is also 99%…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope So is the princesses secret dancing castle a hideout from the rebels? Does the shoemaker play a role in your story? I always wondered what the poor shoemaker thought. hehehe!
Oh you’re going to have so much fun with this retelling. The adaptions of this story make it one of my favorite fairy tales, so I’m so glad you’re making your own! The…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope So is the princesses secret dancing castle a hideout from the rebels? Does the shoemaker play a role in your story? I always wondered what the poor shoemaker thought. hehehe!
Oh you’re going to have so much fun with this retelling. The adaptions of this story make it one of my favorite fairy tales, so I’m so glad you’re making your own!…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Here’s a snop of the story as it was written from it’s German origins.
Twelve princesses, each more beautiful than the last, sleep in twelve beds in the same room. Every night, their doors are securely locked. But in the morning, their dancing shoes are found to be worn through as if they had been dancing all night. The king, perplexed, promises…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Here’s a snop of the story as it was written from it’s German origins.
Twelve princesses, each more beautiful than the last, sleep in twelve beds in the same room. Every night, their doors are securely locked. But in the morning, their dancing shoes are found to be worn through as if they had been dancing all night. The king, perplexed, promises…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
You know what, I don’t even know this story… can it be briefly sketched? Or do you know where I could read it?
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
*returns handshake*
Thank you! Me too! By the way, did you draw your profile picture? If so, it’s awesome!!!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
In case you’d like some inspiration, Ruth Sanderson’s paintings and telling of the story is my favorite and the best! You should look it up.
As to what I like and what irritates me about the story, I’ll go remember it and come back 🙂 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury That’s hilarious! I remember hearing that ‘ad’…or whatever it was supposed to be 😉
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Sounds delicious to me! I agree with Kate though, but your percentage gets the point across! You’ll probably go down in history with this maxim written by your name and be knighted for such ingenious thoughts.
Ooo. I do like the term “writing gurus”. *goes to write that down on a piece of paper I’ll probably lose* -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’d say so. I mean, almost everything is a reaction to something earlier when you think about it. Something bad happens and the character reacts, either by taking charge and moving on, or by failing, and the results his his actions are then reacted on by others and the circle goes round and round and round and round…People rarely do something…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’d say so. I mean, almost everything is a reaction to something earlier when you think about it. Something bad happens and the character reacts, either by taking charge and moving on, or by failing, and the results his his actions are then reacted on by others and the circle goes round and round and round and round…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I think romance can work as a subplot, to help with character development or add depth. I never intended to write romance, but it slipped into some of my stories. It’s subtle, part of the background really. In another WIP it helps soften a character and give him depth as well as something to fight for. It’s natural. But I’d not add romance simply…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Twelve Dancing Princess Brainstorm in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
As some of you might know, I’m writing a novella series retelling fairy tales while weaving in the fruit of the Spirit. Anyhow, my first one was a retelling Beauty and the Beast and was about love. The second one is focusing on joy and is a retelling of Rapunzel. Right now I’m trying to plan the third story which will focus on peace.
I want to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Awesome! I got 576 words of editing and re-writing done. 🙂 Thanks for writing with me!
- Load More
