@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
When I read you bit that you posted @adry_grace I thought of her as a love interest. 🙂 If that’s any help.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oops we were posting at the same time. That’s not bad. @adry_grace. As @daeus said Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oops we were posting at the same time. That not bad. @adry_grace. As @daeus said Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oops we were posting at the same time. @87 isn’t bad. As @daeus said Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
And @adry_grace, cause I was writing the same time you were which was nice. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I wrote for about 45 min and got 730 words written and the story completed. 🙂 *The three little kittens found their mittens and they ate up all the pie.*
-
Kate Flournoy and
Vanna are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and it’s interesting too, because the girl he rescued also changed as soon as he arrived on the scene. Before, she had been a bit vague and I had doubts whether she might end up as a cliche. She seemed too quiet at times, but after Drake appeared, I saw that she was strong willed as well as perceptive as well as somewhat meek (which is an…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace I can join you in about five minutes 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m home and available to write with anyone if they want. @anna-brie, @vanna, @rolena-hatfield, @daeus @kate-flournoy, @faithdk
-
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hannah-olsen Yes it is. I love her too. 🙂 We won the movie book in a competition and it is so AWESOME!!!!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
@kate-flournoy Well, what it means is that if you take a little time in between your writing bursts to make sure what you are about to write is trim, lean, and mean, you will save yourself a lot of time in the long run, though you will have to take some pauses in between your writing.
In the original fencing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, that’s the point. Smooth is fast.
Now for me, nothing’s fast, but at least I’m faster than I could be by being slower.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You’re right @Daeus… I really should remember that… *hides head in hands, sniffles loudly* BUT I HAVE SO MUCH I NEED TO WRITE AND IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE SO LITTLE TIME IN WHICH TO DO IT!!! *sniffles even louder, bursts into tears*…
…*crocodile tears*
Or should I say *dragon tears*?
Hm… somehow it doesn’t have the same ring to it… 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and @vanna Beryn does sound like a piece of mischievous trouble as a character. Best of luck with getting him to behave! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
My characters tend to become real to me so I can talk about them forever.
@Adry_Grace you are most definitely not the only one. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Drake sounds amazing. The stupid, foolhardy, dashing characters are sometimes the most lovable. 🙂
Another character I had who changed (kind of) in the middle of the story was a spoiled, snot-nosed prince who had literally zero spine and horrifying amounts of… hem… self esteem. I didn’t think he had the guts, but halfway through he…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy
*Shakes hands like Wallace when he sees cheese* Climaxes!I tend to bite off more than I can chew, then spend enormous amounts of time fixing it up and streamlining it.
Hey, you should memorize one of my fencing teacher’s favorite sayings, “Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.”
- Load More
