@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh dear me. I’m beginning to think Kate’s an alien. She’s never not green. We need to have a doctor on staff when Tessa’s asleep and I’m not qualified.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooooh… wonderful topic! Nice brain stretcher! Okay, let’s see here, bear with me as I try to organize my thoughts.
1. I do not believe that mercy killings are acceptable. Simple enough— I’ll explain, but gimme a moment.
2. I do believe it would be a fantastic story element to challenge any character if it is not glorified.Now. Why don’t I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope and @adry_grace
I think I’d pretty much side with you, Adry. I like to think of moral dilemmas like these in terms of what we do know and what we don’t know. A soldier who is wounded and can’t escape from an oncoming enemy and has information that could endanger thousands of lives if the enemy gets a hold of it knows certain things for…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace I’ve never been a fan of the “Which do you save the one or the many” questions.
Ah, but this is such a hard question…one you can use to torment characters no matter what your stand on it. The same with mercy killings. I can’t really argue for them because I don’t believe killing is right. And yet, because everyone agreeing doesn…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace I’ve never been a fan of the “Which do you save the one or the many” questions.
Ah, but this is such a hard question…one you can use to torment characters no matter what your stand on it. The same with mercy killings. I can’t really argue for them because I don’t believe killing is right. And yet, because everyone agreeing doesn…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*Yodels to get people’s attention* Anybody up for a writing challenge? I’m aiming till 11:30. Goal of 700 words. Tag me if you’re in.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh yes, tag. @hope You’re it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Thoughts:
For one, 1 Samuel 1:1-16 would lean me against mercy killings since David seems to regard them as no different in consequence. I know this is in the context of “the Lord’s anointed”, but I think the important thing is that David does not make an exception because of the circumstances.
For two, I think that could be fascinating. Moral…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
We’ve not had a tough topic on here for awhile, so I decided to start another one. That, and I was thinking up potentially tragic moments for one of my WIPs and considered a scene with a mercy killing, where a friend is forced to kill another friend because the latter friend is mortally wounded and/or can’t be moved, enemies are approaching,…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Also, your sister is writing much better than I was at her age. My stories were barely a paragraph long.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic forum shipping…that made me laugh so hard. I know exactly what shipping is… Perfect though. 😉 Absolutely perfect.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, he’s the first character who practically wrote himself. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Sweet. Yeah, I can definitely see why you wanted to enlarge on him… 😉
-
Anna Brie posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m having a driving test in the morning. Prayer would be appreciated.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope I can why you needed to enlarge Captain Tor. I like him.
BTW, I had given The Final clash to one of my brothers to see what he thought and a few days ago I heard him reading it to my other younger brother (the one who writes). I think he must really like it.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy No, Captain Tor
-
Lightningmouse posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury
LOOK.
SPIDER-MAN STOPPED BUCKY’S ARM WITHOUT FLINCHING EVEN.
AAGHHH.
0:48
-
@lightningmouse, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@hannah-olsen hey there! Welcome to KP!!!
If you don’t mind my asking, whereabouts in Northern Idaho are you? We can’t be too far away from each other; I’m just a little west of Spokane. 🙂 And wow. Coffee, chocolate, and historical fiction? We’d get along well. 🙂 I’ve been to China, also; 9 years ago (I was 9). We stayed there for 2 weeks while…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
@abigail-blomberg
Hey! Aren’t you Abbs from OYAN?-
Yep! That’s me. And you must be Lightningmouse XD
-
Well yes. I’m certainly not Shilim XP
-
Ah, well it’s nice to “see” a familiar face.
-
We also have Leinad and Elessar (Daniel Thompson and Ezra Wilkinson) (though they’re never on <_< ), MarkMcGuire, Watersnail (though I think that's just her tag here), and Cobalt Girl (writefury). Maybe some others too.
-
-
-
-
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Sounds like you already have it figured out. But just to throw my two cents in, I once knew a cat who could open doors. Literally. Not even kidding.
- Load More

I read that you passed! Congratulations!!!! @anna-brie