@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Hope Ann started the topic Me, me, me, me, me……… 😉 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve spent part of the evening writing up a blurb to go on the home page of my site and I’m wondering what you all think? Honest opinions…and I’m not sure if the last lines get a little over dramatic or not.
A seeker of thrilling, inspiring, Christian-based fantasy, Hope Ann is now a passionate authoress of the stories she searched for while…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace I agree with @Daeus. There would have to be something important beyond the art for one to risk there life. As much as I love my nation, I’m not going to risk almost certain death simply to save a historical document like the Declaration of Independence or raise a fallen flag. Now, if it served a greater purpose, like rallying the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay yes, roughly. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
9:30 is in roughly 35 minutes?? @daeus @kate-flournoy. Cause I can continue that long.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Sounds good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
‘The girl was just sitting there— legs dangling over the edge of the bridge, slumped dejectedly beneath the weight of a soggy black hoodie.
Cobalt scratched his nose. Not the safest of places to sit. Maybe she was lost. Tugging lightly on his draggled, jewel-toned scarf, he got up from his bench and crossed to her side of the bridge. “Hey,” he…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Woohoo! @daeus. I can write now. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@adry_grace Well, first of all, I don’t think risking one’s life is wrong. I do however thing that it could be a devaluing of one’s life. For instance, if I risk almost certain death to rescue a famous painting, that painting had better have some phenomenal value (and I don’t mean monetary or sentimental value). The Mona Lisa is worth millions,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey @bluejay. Good news. If you’re still available, I actually can write tonight.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
“I’d like to propose a bill” ZAP! (No you were told to) “That would reduce government size” ZAP! (I one branch and increase it in ten) “I’ve talked this over with my party” ZAP! (K street) “And I think” ZAP! (Ha! Fat chance of that!) “That this will be of benefit to the entire nation. Allow me to lay out the benefits of this bill. It would”
ZAP!…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Let's take this thing apart and see what makes it tick in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, @Adry_Grace! Very good point.
A few quick things I love about this short— one, the body language is amazing.
Two, the structure is perfect. We open with a bored musician obviously waiting for someone to come along and make his effort worthwhile— something instantly wanted. Enter little girl with coin; want becomes must have. The stakes…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
‘One… two… three… my tongue lolled nervously out between my jaws, and I crouched lower in the gutter. Not a very nice place to be, granted… but I was desperate.
There it was. Right across the street. Taunting me. Drawing me on to my certain demise.
I whined deep in my throat, choking on my tongue and slapping it up juicily around my teeth.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Let's take this thing apart and see what makes it tick in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve wanted to do this with you guys for a while, and well, now I’m finally doing it. Watch this hilarious Pixar short, and then we’ll pick it to pieces together and see what makes it tick. Ready, set, go!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Hope phewfk… that would just kill me.
Good example from Lysbeth— I hadn’t remembered that. And I agree one hundred percent with your conclusions.
Which sadly means this topic is nearing its demise.
Noooooo!!!!!! Someone do something! *hysterical panting* I don’t want to stop talking about deep things!!!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome @hannah-olsen! I just saw this post…I’m not on here quite as much as I should be. Trying to get writing done and things like that. Once one gets on this forum, they can keep going for quite a while and forget the time. 😉
Anyway, I love writing fantasy, mainly. And I’m not sure what there is to say that no one else has said. But a late…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
And now for the weighter topics.
I agree with you, @Daeus, about never being sure what will happen. I read a book where a man was going to be starved to death. His wife had the plague, or something like that, so she came to see him, knowing she was contagious and figuring he’d die quickly that way. He did die a day or two later, but around the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
And I love the video clip…that short was hilarious. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Don’t turn green yet, @kate-flournoy. E doesn’t kill D. That would simply be too tragic (as if what I have in store isn’t) and it doesn’t go with the plot line. But I may use this dilemma in my seven book series I’m planning. Whenever I get a good idea and I don’t know where to put it, I stash it over in my seven book series. I’ll have more…[Read more]
- Load More
