@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Great. I can actually do half an hour if you are up to that? @kate-flournoy
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay me! I’m in!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Has anyone seen the movie by the Kendrick brothers’ War Room?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Is anyone write for 25 minutes? @daeus @kate-flournoy
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Glad to have you on. What have you written so far?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Glad to have you on. What have you written yet so far?
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Welcome to (I’ll say it, even though @kate-flournoy and @bluejay beat me to it) the bestistest place on the internet. You’re going to love it here. 🙂
Awesome, I love fantasy, too! What are some of your favorite books? (I say “some,” because asking a bookworm to pick one favorite book is like asking a mother to pick a favorite child. XD) -
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Welcome @winter-rose. *bother, @kate-flournoy beat me* Well, I guess I’ll say it anyway. Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Don’t bother looking up this word in the dictionary cause it won’t be there.
Toothless would be an awesome pet to have. It would be so much fun to fly through the air…I’m generally an artist who tries to draw, a…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello Awesome Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Hello @winter-rose! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! (*cough* It’s kind of a competition between the old forumers such as myself to see who can be the first to greet the newbies with that line. 😉 )
Oh wow, you play piano! So do I— what kind of music do you like best? And what do you most enjoy drawing? What style do you draw?…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@his-instrument Welcome! I struggle with writing short stories too…meaning I just don’t do it. 😉 I can’t get anything to fit. Most of my stories are novel length, but I’ve discovered recently that I also enjoy writing novellas. At 20,000-30,000 words, they are long enough for me to write a whole story, but I can get them done much quicker than a novel.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Good point, @writefury. I agree.
It’s always nice when you can break things down into smaller categories. 😉 -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Awesome thoughts, @kate-flournoy!
Just adding a bit on top of that…
Usually there are two types of hero: The eager hero and the reluctant hero.
The eager hero inherently drives the plot along much faster, but generally jumps into the situation not fully knowing the dangers or effects of what he’s doing.
The reluctant hero normally stars in more…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, @his-instrument!
Nice picture! I dub you “The shiny one”. 😉 -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey, maybe he’s like the army general or something. Since the holy spirit is mostly the one we use when getting down and doing spiritual warfare and stuff. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ha! I just read my first chapter and my last chapter. *choke, cough, laugh* Yeah, I’ve come a long way.
*contented, nostalgic sigh* Doesn’t it bring such a feeling of accomplishment, @Daeus? Now imagine if we all grew that much with each passing novel! That would be totally… um… freaky actually. Eventually there’d be no more room to grow… !_! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope the more I think about it, the more that makes sense. Thanks! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Ooo, that sounds like a good book! Maybe I’ll read it this summer (I only say “maybe” because I already have so many other books I want to read this summer. 😉 ).
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Yes, a dove isn’t very epic. But what about a phoenix?
@kate-flournoy I just completed a theology class with a part about the Trinity this last winter… God is three in one. The different tasks, for lack of a better word (such as salvation and judgment) are attributed to all three persons of the Godhead at different times or…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I agree with what Daeus said. It’s possible, if done carefully. Personally, while I don’t think dragons are inherently worse than any other animal and I really like them, I don’t know if I’d use them allegorically in such a manner because of the association. Then again, as I think about it, it could be done if it were the right kind of world and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I will. You may be sure.
- Load More
