@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ingrid replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @daeus, and @hope
I definitely agree with you on this. While I do think it is important to have backstories for characters, you can’t include them all. However, while you are developing characters, you do need to have some of their past figured out. For example, say you have a particularly bitter, melancholy character. Why is he or…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus, @Kate-flournoy, @anna-brie, @gretald, @overcomer, @bluejay, @everyoneelse So here’s a related problem I’d like your thoughts on. Should you publish a book with the same title as a book already publish? Nothing iconic, like Hunger Games, but simple, one-word titles like Powerless. Powerless, for example, has about four books under that…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Writing a book so far is a confusing but fun process. The hardest part for me perhaps is to not overthink everything. I want it all to be perfect, but a perfect first draft is unrealistic, and not a very writer healthy hope …
Goodness, you said it! I struggle with the same thing. I want to make everything perfect in the first draft, and I w…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Writing a book so far is a confusing but fun process. The hardest part for me perhaps is to not overthink everything. I want it all to be perfect, but a perfect first draft is unrealistic, and not a very writer healthy hope …
Goodness, you said it! I struggle with the same thing. I want to make everything perfect in the first draft, and I w…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer I’m wrapping up the planning stage for my novel, and then I’m moving into writing the first draft!
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I got some books for research for my next novel. It’s historical revisionist, but I still need a lot of the historical stuff in there. I’ve also got my outline just about done. I basically just have to work on some details of the climax.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Love the title, @bluejay
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I’ve not done much yet; still in the planning stages. And I have a pinterest board for my story. Does that count as something? 🙂 But I’m hoping to do some major planning this weekend. Or next week.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Song writing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
I’m not…I’m awful at songs and poems. Well, maybe not awful, but I have a hard time thinking things up. If I get any ideas I’ll tell you, but I’m afraid I might not be much help at this.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Song writing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh, so if you think it does need a poem, can you please help me write one??? Let me tag a few people so they see this.
@daeus , @hannah-c , @hope , @aella , @anna-brie , @kate-flournoy , @faithdk , @gretald , @rolena-hatfield , @writefury , @spradlin , @sarah-h , @winter-rose , @anyone-else-who-cares-to-help
-
BlueJay started the topic Song writing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay. I’m stuck. But I guess that is obvious as I’m here. I need a song. It doesn’t have to be long, but I feel that I should add at least a verse or two. Or rather I need a poem. As it will be in a story with no music. It needs to runs along the theme “I love you, do you love me?” It is a song that appears in my story “The Golden Conch”.
I have…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer Thanks. *bites into cake. Yummy* Oh goody I love birthdays. *scrunches up eyes, clasps hands and makes a wish*
And just for your information I actually haven’t written a novella but a novellette. The difference is the words count. A novellette is 7,500-20,000. A novella is 20,000-50,000. And then a novel is 50,000-110,000. Any longer…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer I have nearly finished my first story. It has turned out to be a novellette rather than a short story, but I’m making it still count. Yes, I realized after I had decided to to it, that it is a tall goal, but even if I don’t succeed, I will have at least tried my best. 🙂
Good work with your project though. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay Woohooo! You’ll be writing novels before you know it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Yay! Ice creams. Brilliant.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for the rootbeer @Daeus. I just have to be careful not to sneeze or my entire nasal cavity is going to get burnt to a crisp by the bubbles. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Yipee, happy 800s day everybody! This deserves icecream. Just a moment.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
812. Wow, we were all rather close. *grins happily.* @kate-flournoy @daeus
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Aw, man! You just beat me! 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
862 edited. *Chortles. Eats cheese*
- Load More
