@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument I seem to have lost your email. Do you still have mine? If you do, would you mind shooting me an email? 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument *blows out breath* Oh, man. I don’t think you always have to use the same POV in every novel in a series. But I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t…if that makes sense. I think using the same POV in a series of novels makes the series more cohesive.
I agree with you about first person, by the way. It’s always been easier for…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument
Great questions…
I think before I attempt to answer the first one, I need to know: would the stories be told from the same character’s point of view throughout the whole series? Or would you have the first book in third person told from character 1’s point of view, and the next book told in first person from character 2’s point…[Read more] -
Hannah R. started the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
So here’s the story.
~I wrote a book. I was probably eleven. And it was great when I was eleven– I was certain it was going to be the best piece of literature the world had ever seen, so…
~I wrote three more books about the same characters and made it a series.
~I turned thirteen. (I mean, I turned twelve, too, in between, but it just didn’t…[Read more] -
Hannah R. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you get lost in your basement at night because you were trying to experience total darkness.
You know you’re a writer when you enjoyed the time you fainted because you finally knew how to describe it.
You know you’re a writer when you apply red pen to your chemistry textbook because they asked you to figure out which…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*Pulls out straw. Puts it in mouth. Puts legs on porch railing* Did I ever tell you about the time your grandpappy was a kid?
(Because I know so much about it. Hahahahahaha) *breaks off into snoring*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Dah, can’t watch youtube either. I mean, I do sometimes, but I’m taking a course now and we have a thirty gig a month internet limit. I’ll probably get it eventually though.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Daaaahhh! You’re driving me crazy. I haven’t listened to that in forever. We only had this really old tape and then it got destroyed. We kinda decided to get a new copy, but it never actually happened.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ok, this is almost freaky. I also did worse than normal today. That, and my word count was 886.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Assuming you’re writing now, I’m joining in.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeeeeees. There are few pieces like it. I sing those songs all the time. Stars might be my favorite (at least that I can do). Really, One Day More is my favorite, but though I try to sing it, for some reason the whole tons of parts at once thing just doesn’t work for me. 😉 Ahhhh, now I need to get that music again!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Say, @kate-flournoy, you ever heard the music for that? Les Mis, I mean.
- Load More

@gretald Your picture is so sweet. Is that kitten yours? It’s adorable.
Thank you @bluejay! Yes, it is our kitten. He’s really sweet. 🙂