@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@christi-eaton @gretald @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @ingridrd @the-happy-bookaholic
Alright everybody, The Sign Of The Four has begun. By now, you should hopefully have read the first two chapters,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope exactly. Have any of you ever just sat down on a whim and started writing in the most sarcastic voice you could manage? Just thrown caution to the winds and hammered out a poem or a story or just any random piece of writing for the fun of seeing how much you could exaggerate? I’ve done that. It’s incredibly easy, somehow. Easier than being…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus competition always helps. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hey, that’s good news. It’s been down for a while. I still write of course, but it’s funner with others.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus not tonight— other plans, but I am beginning to get back into a semblance of my regular schedule again, so I should be back on this topic frequently not too long from now. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay @kate-flournoy Either of you writing tonight?
-
Greta replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@C-C-Lane It’s great to meet you!
Awesome, I love LOTR, too! I’m reading it for the third time this summer. 🙂 -
Ingrid posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
I’m back from camp! Just FYI… 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Daughter of the King says Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@c-c-lane
Hello! And sorry I’m a little late. 🙂 You sound like an awesome person. I can’t wait to get to know you!!!!! 🙂 Welcome and have fun! -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I’ll be writing for the next hourish if anyone else is on… @Daeus, @kate-flournoy
Also, happy 4th of July, everyone! 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy Similes (or metaphors) should be stated as fact, not comparison. I really like that. There’s been lots of good points made. I’m not thinking of any more right now except, to sum up some of the points… ‘write with confidence’. Leave off the seems and likes and hads and other little words. You know what you are writing. Act like it. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ah, I’m jealous of you guys who are editing. As for me, I’m still trying out outline. And I need the outline done by the 4th. I’ve a feeling I’ll be figuring out some things as I write this time. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha! I knew someone would set me straight. 😀
And don’t worry. I wasn’t even considering stopping. I wouldn’t dare. 😛
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Will read them tomorrow…probably. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sticky hands … sticky hands …….. STICKY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!
Yes @kate-flournoy, press on. This is something worth fighting for. It’s actually not much different from writing the first draft. In fact, you’re basically just doing the exact same thing you did before (and enjoyed!) only you’re doing it better.
But here’s the best part. Low points…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ugh… I feel you @overcomer. And I don’t even do much prep work. A very basic outline, nothing else. But especially with editing it seems like it’s much easier to decide what to edit than it is to actually sit down and do it. 😛
I shall be very, very glad when I’m done editing this book. For numerous reasons. Not the least of which is I’ll…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic The sign of the four in the forum 10 years, 3 months ago
Hello everybody. This is a reminder that the KeePer’s book club starts in two days. Try to have the first two chapters read by then. See you then.
–The management
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Doh! *grimace* Thanks for pointing that out, @Jadamae. I get those two mixed up ALL THE TIME. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That works. I can do that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prose in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hmm, yes, but that’s to our advantage you see. If they get away with everything, we can get away with balance. I’m aiming hybrid myself — half classical half modern. That’s the one thing about classical authors is that for the most part (Count of Monte Cristo excluded which is the ultimate example) they never get very intense, but oh, they are so…[Read more]
- Load More
