Daughter of the King says Hello!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Daughter of the King says Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 52

I’ve put this off long enough. Some of you may have seen me around KP before, the picture of the almost dead battery. 🙂 I am C. C. Lane, or the Daughter of the King, hints the title.
      Writing is my first, second and third hobby. My fourth hobby is story planning. My fifth hobby is drawing the places in my stories. My sixth hobby is guitar, either playing Christian or trying to make music that would be good enough for my own fantasy titles. Unfortunately, that never turns out well. My all time favorite hobby–hobby #0–is spending time with God and my awesome family.
      Anyway, I can’t wait to do more of this writing on KP, and I hope that I am able to be helpful to you all in some way!
      –C. C. Lane

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Howdy @c-c-lane,

Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. It’s great to have you. Have you been writing for long? Tell us about what you like to write.

As for the forum, there are two topics you might want to check out. First is the Writer’s Corner. That’s where you can find others to write with you for a specified period of time. It helps keep you from getting distracted because you’re accountable. The other topic is the KeePers book club. It’s basically a normal book club except the goal is to study the author’s strengths and weaknesses from a writer’s perspective so we can improve our own stories.

Be seeing you around.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Anonymous

Thanks @Daeus for the invites!
          I have been writing for nearly three years, and I love medieval fantasy both in my own writing and in reading. I can’t manage to write a historical fiction without mentioning a dragon or griffon, so I gave up on that a while ago.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1486

@c-c-lane Welcome again to the Bestistest place on the world wide web!
            You’ve been writing for nearly three years? that’s awesome!

What are some of your favorite books?

Anonymous

My favorite books are LOTR and the Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson, and The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen. I don’t know if this counts, but I also love the novels that I am writing myself. 🙂

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

Awh, of course that counts. Those are the most important ones.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

Welcome @c-c-lane. I have just started to play guitar and it is very hard. But practise makes perfect. 🙂

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 3976

Hey, a newcomer! I can’t believe I missed this… 😛 Anyway, welcome to KP, @C-C-Lane!

I know exactly what you mean about writing historical fiction— I have the same problem. All of my earliest novels were historical fiction, and they are quite liberally scattered with incongruous dragon metaphors. 😛

And hey, you know what, it’s actually really good that you’re a fan of your own work. It takes a lot sometimes to keep that positive attitude.

Welcome again— I look forward to seeing you around! 😀

Jada Morrison
                    @jadamae
                      • Total Posts: 199

Welcome to the best writer’s forum ever! Or at least, the only one I have ever been on, but it is still pretty cool. 🙂

Faith Kindred
                      @faithdk
                        • Total Posts: 139

Hey there @C-C-Lane! Medieval fantasy eh? Me too! 😀 I’ve tried learning guitar, but never had much luck with it. It’s a beautiful instrument though. Glad to have you on the forum!

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h
                          • Total Posts: 669

Hi @C-C-Lane , welcome to the forum! The Black Arrow is one of my favorites, too. Aside from the slow middle section, it’s probably one of the best medieval books I’ve read. Oh, and the book review starts next Monday, so you have plenty of time to join. We’re doing Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle. 🙂

Hope Ann
                          @hope
                            • Total Posts: 1092

@c-c-lane Welcome! *bows officially*

I love writing medieval fantasy too! And Tolkien. Reading Tolkien that is, not writing it. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Ingrid
                            @ingridrd
                              • Total Posts: 830

@c-c-lane
                              Hello! And sorry I’m a little late. 🙂 You sound like an awesome person. I can’t wait to get to know you!!!!! 🙂 Welcome and have fun!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Greta
                              @gretald
                                • Total Posts: 450

@C-C-Lane It’s great to meet you!
                                Awesome, I love LOTR, too! I’m reading it for the third time this summer. 🙂

Hannah R.
                                @his-instrument
                                  • Total Posts: 229

@C-C-lane I know I’m about the bazillionth person to say it (bazillion is a real number, by the way), but welcome to Kingdom Pen. I, along with many others, love to write medieval fantasy, and I know enough guitar that I can play most songs in the key of C. If it’s not in the key of C I use a capo. 🙂 I’m a pianist, and I love writing music. And I am a Tolkien fan. But like you, I love spending time with Jesus!
                                  What are your favorite Bible study materials? I’m reading a book called The Deeper Christian Life by Andrew Murray right now, and I’m really enjoying it.
                                  What is your favorite book of the Bible? Mine is John. If you really take a close look at it, it’s so brilliantly written, from a literary standpoint. And such a great account of Jesus’ life!
                                  I’m glad you joined Kingdom Pen! It really encourages me to see all these young people writing for the Lord.

YA Fantasy Writer
                                  Obsessive Character Namer
                                  Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >