@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@sarah-h I think that’s a great idea too. I sometimes don’t think I’d have enough time, but that’s because I fill it with other stuff. Like 2 1/2 hours on my laptop. How would I be able to help you?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope Sign of the Shield sounds great.
*I still like Crowned Powerless, but I understand that some titles, no matter how awesome, just don’t work* -
Hope Ann started the topic Help please… *puppy eyes* in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
I feel like the only time I start threads is when I have a problem, but I’ve got such good ideas from you that I’m asking anyway.
In a fantasy I’m working on, I have a shield. It’s not magical, exactly, but it is unbreakable and all that. Anyway, originally the theme was faith and the shield was the shield of faith, etc. But the story has changed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope it was an absolutely beautiful speech. The gist of it was, politics is not about candidates or parties or even government. It’s about an ideal— about liberty. And whenever it becomes about anything else, it becomes invalid. People are in charge of the government, and we have a voting process to let the voice of the people be heard, so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope it was an absolutely beautiful speech. And I know what you mean— lots of people were very upset that he ‘broke his promise’ to support the nominee, and his response to them was perfect. Basically, he pointed out that the field has changed. When he pledged to support the Republican nominee, (roughly paraphrasing his own words here) he did…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Titles…again in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus, @Kate-flournoy, @anna-brie, @gretald, @overcomer, @bluejay, @jadamae
I’m back here in titles, guys, and I wanted your honest thoughts on an idea I got in the middle of the night and which just might work.
Sign of the ShieldIt sounds snappy enough. It’s somewhat cryptic, but not completely baffling. It has a fantasy feel. It would go…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
That’s a neat idea. I have gone days without reading fiction before, because I run out of time and only end up reading my Bible and some nonfiction. That would be hard, to not be able to read nonfiction either, only the Bible. Not because I don’t like the Bible, but because there are so many other books I’m trying to read and get through. I don’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Kate-flournoy I didn’t see it, though I did hear about it. I wasn’t sure at first, because they did sign papers saying they’d support each other. But Trump rescinded on his promise awhile back, and Cruz has said he’ll support him as the party candidate, he’s just not endorsing him. Which I think is a sign of someone with strong moral beliefs, no…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
So, did anyone here watch Ted Cruz’s convention speech a few days ago? If so, what did you think?
Personally, every time I’ve been sure he had to fold under the pressure, he’s come out stronger than I remembered and twice as impressive. This time was no exception. It’s really encouraging to see someone sticking up for the truth, even if it doesn’t…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
This is something I have trouble with on and off. Right now, I’m doing the bible bee so things are coming along well, but I may very well make use of this later.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@christi-eaton @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @the-happy-bookaholic
Here are a few more tags so people see this awesome idea. Come and check it out. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC I would love to, but unfortunately I don’t think I’ll have time for any reading tomorrow other than my morning devotions. Actually… come to think of it, I do this a lot. Summer is really busy for my family, and frequently I don’t have time for any reading besides the Bible in the morning. So… I guess I will be doing it, it’s just not…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Claire-C I would love to, but unfortunately I don’t think I’ll have time for any reading tomorrow other than my morning devotions. Actually… come to think of it, I do this a lot. Summer is really busy for my family, and frequently I don’t have time for any reading besides the Bible in the morning. So… I guess I will be doing it, it’s just not…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec That’s great. Do you have any idea where you are going to read? I’m going to read through Job. I’ve been reading a study book on Job and it’s amazing. So I need to explore this book further. I have a feeling that there is more to Job than what meets the eye. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec This is a great idea. I have heard that reading lots of different books helps you to write better and the Bible is the best book in the world.
Would you like to do it tomorrow with me? I would love that. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec I got 347 word written. So many distractions. 🙁 It’s not meant to snow. The worst is the power is off. *Brrr; cold*
How’d you go? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
15 minutes definitely. Hopefully half an hour max. And guess what???? It just snowed. 😮 I can’t believe. I don’t think it was forecast to snow. 😛
@clairec -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec Today and right now. 🙂 Sorry about that.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairec Still writing? I’m not normally awake so early. I think 10-10:30 will be the best for us. Although I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it today as I’ll be hanging out with family.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@clairc Still writing? I’m not normally awake so early. I think 10-10:30 will be the best for us. Although I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it today as I’ll be hanging out with family.
- Load More
