@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope No… I haven’t. I don’t know if I could bear it either. I bet it’s cool, but it’s impossible that it’s as good as the book and I would probably be disappointed.
-
Hope Ann started the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ve been working on the blurb for my novel, Fidelyon, and wondered if any of you had any critiques. Especially regarding the flow of the first few lines, directly followed bye the prophecy. I’m considering taking out the bolded sentences…I’m not sure. (also, what is the official name for these things? Blurbs? Book Descriptions? Reader Traps? ;)…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ve been working on the blurb for my novel, Fidelyon, and wondered if any of you had any critiques. Especially regarding the first few lines, then the prophecy. I’m considering taking out the bolded sentences…I’m not sure. (also, what is the official name for these things? Blurbs? Book Descriptions? Reader Traps? 😉 )
A shield. A spear. An…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Consider me properly inspired…after I get the next several books on my tbr list done. But you and @Kate-flournoy have talked about it so much that I want to read it. Also, I saw the movie. Which I really liked, though I could tell things were sped up even though it didn’t seem rushed. Have you seen the movie, Daeus?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, @anne-swiftblade. I love your username…swiftblade. That conjures up a number of cool pictures. 😉
Lord of the Rings. YES! Me too.
Fantasy. Another YES! What are you working on right now?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus with you all the way.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy I’m writing till 8:30
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy: Haven’t read Hunchback of Notre Dame yet, so I have no opinions to share. =P I actually haven’t really read any of Victor Hugo, just seen the movie for Les Mis… >.> I should probably work on changing that eventually!
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy: Haven’t read Hunchback of Notre Dame yet, so I have no opinions to share. =P I actually haven’t really read any of Victor Hugo, just seen the movie for Les Mis… >.> I should probably work on changing that eventually. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh wow @Daeus, really… I’m glad I asked. Here’s my question though. How can the author who wrote Les Miserables write anything either soulless or themeless????? How is that even physically possible?? Grrrrrr… classical authors are so contradictory. 🙁
Yes @Christi-Eaton, Les Mis is definitely one of my favorites. But… uh… Madame…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’m Bria Snow
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh, cool. So I’m on there now. Name’s Daeus. Has a nice ring to it that I like, so I chose it.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella I’m not doing NaNo this year–I’ll be doing college. 🙁 Y’all have fun, though!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Greetings, @theliterarycrusader! I have a MC who is an INFJ. I’m a INTJ myself…a type that is pretty rare among women (0.8%). I’ve read most, if not all of Chuck Black’s works too. I enjoyed The War of the Realm trilogy. The idea was very interesting even if the writing isn’t the best. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer @dragon-snapper Thanks. I was having some trouble concentrating today, but not this time. I got about 1700 words edited plus a small poem I had at the beginning of a chapter, but I wasn’t reading through every line, just fixing some stuff Kate was nice enough to point out was wrong
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer Sure. I’ve got some editing to do. Till 4:45?
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella This will be my first year, so I don’t have a username there.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I finished editing and added about 150-200 words probably. 🙂 Good job! That’s a nice amount of words for such a short period of time. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay, all done! @dragon-snapper I have to get back to doing school now, unfortunately. Thanks for writing with me!
- Load More
