@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*shakes head in disbelief* It’s OKAY, @DAEUS!!! I didn’t say I didn’t love TCoMC! I do! And it’s extremely close, anyway. The one thing that tipped the scales in Les Mis’s favor was completely random and nobody’s fault— I personally happen to like character stories more than I like gripping action. That’s all. 😀
Where do you FIND those…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Christi-Eaton well, Madame Thenardier should be easy anyway. All you have to do is throw things. 😀
Thanks anyway @Aratrea— and definitely read Les Mis. Don’t tell @Daeus, but I like it better than The Count of Monte Cristo and that’s saying a lot. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve no idea…next year, hopefully? Though I’ll be getting beta readers sometime this fall. Hopefully. 😉
@daeus I see what you mean. Thanks. (And yes, you want to read it! That is good, precious, yes it is. Wes very happy abouts that.)
@ingridrd And…yes. Always a typo somewhere. Thanks for catching it. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve no idea…next year, hopefully? Though I’ll be getting beta readers sometime this fall. Hopefully. 😉
@daeus I see what you mean. Thanks. (And yes, you want to read it! That is good, precious, yes it is. Wes very happy abouts that.)
@Ingrid And…yes. Always a typo somewhere. Thanks for catching it. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope
I like the second one better, but they both work. I noticed just one thing.The name he is give appears nearly impossible to live up to, no matter what he sacrifices.
I’m assuming you meant “name he is GIVEN appears…” 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope
I definitely like the second one better. It’s great. I noticed just one thing.The name he is give appears nearly impossible to live up to, no matter what he sacrifices.
I’m assuming you meant “name he is GIVEN appears…” 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!
Narnia and Lord of the Rings? You’re my kind of girl!
Can’t wait to get to know you! -
Ingrid replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
A writer is someone who sets words to paper and perseveres at it, regardless of how widely published they are or not.
Beautifully put, @theliterarycrusader. I love you already. Welcome! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I’m much more attracted by the first one, though you did a good job of condensing in the second one. What I loved about the first one (I seriously want to read this thing now) was how personal it was. It really gave me a connection with the character. Mainly, that was because of the first paragraph you left out in your second version.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi Anne *waves*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t stand bad writing either. There is only one or two authors who I will read despite somewhat choppy writing because I love their stuff so much. @theliterarycrusader
The War of the Realms might have slightly better writing than the Kingdom and Knight series. I own both those series and I love the stories, but the writing itself? I don’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t stand bad writing either. There is only one or two authors who I will read despite somewhat choppy writing because I love their stuff so much. @theliterarycrusader
The War of the Realms might have slightly better writing than the Kingdom and Knight series. I own both those series and I love the stories, but the writing itself? I don’t…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus That’s why one has to watch the movie before reading the book. Because they can enjoy it before realizing how much is left out. 😉 I really liked the movie though, from the bits of the book I do know, some things were made more exciting (action wise). And the ending was happier than the book too, I think. Also, one of my characters from…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-bria This is my longer blurb, for Amazon at least. It does look a bit too long for the back of a book, but for the Amazon description one wants to go longer rather than shorter. Or so I’ve heard.
@sarah-hoven I agree with you both about taking off the bolded…here’s a shorter blurb that I could put on the back of a book. I’ve used the…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
I don’t have the time or brain power to think it over fully, but my general impression is that it’s a little on the long side.
Another name is backcover copy. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oops. Sorry, I forgot about you. *Gasp. Hand over mouth* Um… kinda hard to judge. A lot of little edits.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper I would love to keep going, but I have some other projects I need to work on so I don’t think I can. 🙁 Nice writing with you even for a short time, though. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 608 written, what about you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anna-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
- Load More
