@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wonderful! I shall. *hangs up phone* Useful things phones. 🙂 @dragon-snapper
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wonderful! I shall. *hangs up phone* Useful things phones. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*dials @dragon-snapper* Hello, hello? Dragon Snapper, are you still writing? *waits for response*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes, the characters were over the top. That’s why I liked it so much. Not only were they well rounded, but they played off each other so well.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper As Daeus’ personal secretary, I should tell you that Daeus usually writes a lot on Saturdays, but doesn’t write on Saturday nights.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper
Well, for where I live, the most dangerous animal we get is the Tiger snake. I think it is third on the list of poisoness snakes.
In Australia it is the Taipan snake and the Mulga snake. I’ve never seen any in the wild. Thankfully!!!!!!!!! -
Daeus started the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys. I’m really late. Before you stone me, let me just state that I admit I’m really late. I finally watched the new star wars.
I wasn’t quite expecting this, but it actually super impressed me. It’s definitely my favorite star wars episode no question about it. There are a lot of reason’s I liked it, but the number one reason by far was…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Thanks, @daeus
-
Daeus replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I like that version. Nice balancing of length and depth. I might just change a couple tiny things.
What else could he expect with it repeated in his nightmares…
A quest he never imagined offers him that chance.
Weigh down on his mind.
hovers just out of reach — the promise of the word…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Hmm, do you think it will look good in the review section on the back of a book?
No.
And I like that last one quite a lot. I think that works, definitely.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella ah yes, I’m guessing Hope Ann isn’t that unique of a name. Maybe I should change it…but I can’t without setting up a new account so never mind.
I do have a project, @anna-brie, if that helps. Forest of Darkness. Now, there are two profiles of me right now. Hope Schmidt and Hope Ann. Hope Ann is my new one that I’m going to be using.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
I want to have two blurbs. A longer one for the Amazon description and what will end up being a shorter one for the back of the book. The longer one seems to have everyone’s approval. As for a shorter one, here’s a mix of the two which is hopefully more personal but still condensed.
Ancient sign, bitter fate,
Scar and oath and quest
Revealing…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h deleting the bolded part seems to be the popular opinion around here, so I’ll probably do that.
@Kate-flournoy I’m not sure what to say to such a recommendation. Hmm, do you think it will look good in the review section on the back of a book? 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-hoven deleting the bolded part seems to be the popular opinion around here, so I’ll probably do that.
@Kate-flournoy I’m not sure what to say to such a recommendation. Hmm, do you think it will look good in the review section on the back of a book? 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
Haha! Alrighty Kate. Sounds goodo.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings, my fellow squires and knights of the pen! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
I can’t believe I missed this!!!! Aauuuugggghhhh!!
Anyway, here I am. Hello and welcome, @TheLiteraryCrusader. This is a beautiful, wonderful, magnificent, inspiring, friendly, cheerful*coughcough* Okay, enough with the adjectives. This is an awesome place and I’m thrilled that you’re going to be a part of it. Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anne-swiftblade WELCOME!!! So glad to have you on here. 🙂
Narnia and Lord of the Rings?!?! I have to agree with your choice of books. 😉 I still need to read the Kingdom Series, though. I’ll have to add that to the list. *looks at list* *list is 5 feet long* -
Greta replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@anna-swiftblade WELCOME!!! So glad to have you on here. 🙂
Narnia and Lord of the Rings?!?! I have to agree with your choice of books. 😉 I still need to read the Kingdom Series, though. I’ll have to add that to the list. *looks at list* *list is 5 feet long* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@Hope I’m with @Daeus… I like the longer one better because it connects me to E better, but the second one is much more concise. *shrugs* I honestly can’t choose between them. And I think you could probably do away with the bolded words altogether— the blurb is most effective as a peep into the MC’s life, as the MC’s life (very rightfully) is…[Read more]
- Load More
