@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta posted an update 10 years ago
@rolena-hatfield
Long time no see. Nice to “see” you again! 🙂 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@anne-swiftblade Hey there! Glad to have you here! I as well like your user name. It has a nice ring to it. I wrote a book with pirates in them about three years ago! How’s your pirate’s on the Caribbean comin’ along?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Help With Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@hannah-c
Looks good to me! Your story sounds very interesting. 🙂 -
Greta replied to the topic Some Character Illustrations by Lightningmouse in the forum Art 10 years ago
@lightningmouse Wow, I love those drawings! I don’t think I could draw my character that well… 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help With Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@hannah-c Yeah, I do like it. You really got to the heart of the character in just a few words. That’s fantastic. One place I might want a little more information is on the trials she faces. What type or trials are they? Also, in the last line, you may be spelling out your theme a little too clearly. I think it might be better to phrase it more…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Help With Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I like it @hannah-c. And it does make me want to read your novel. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
@theliterarycrusader
Oh, okay. Man, I really need to read the Chuck Black books. 🙂 Both of those names are really clever. -
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus Thank you. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
@theliterarycrusader
I love the idea of spell words backwards. I need to try that sometime. Which author did you pick that up from? 😉 -
Greta replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
@aella
Hi. I love names. 🙂 I usually just think of random letter combinations, or, if I want the word to mean something specific, I look up names that mean ________ [insert meaning]. I also have a thesaurus called The Thinker’s Thesaurus: Sophisticated Alternatives to Common Words by Peter E. Meltzer, which has a lot of unusual words in it.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Love the poem Greta.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic The Idea – Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
Wow, @bluejay! This is so good! And the shape…brilliant. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Jess No problem. That’s what the Body of Christ is for, right? 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Jess No problem. That’s what the Body of Christ is for, right? 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic The Idea – Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@Bluejay Wow, I’m so impressed! That is SO cool. It looks like a lightbulb (I’m assuming that’s what you were aiming for 😉 ). Keep up the great work!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
Alright @bluejay. I’m finally getting to this now. First of all, the visual is amazing. I don’t know if you noticed this, but it doesn’t only just look like a cross, but it looks like a body on a cross. That’s pretty impressive.
As far as the poetry itself, there were some things that were done really well and some things that needed to become…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h As you know I’m running the book club, so I have to read the Hobbit. I’m disappointed that it won’t be a solid month without fiction, but still, reading only one book (and not even the full thing) isn’t that bad. I’m really glad that I’ve done the challenge though. I’ve found better books to read, and they are challenging me in the way…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Idea – Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@sarah-h Yep. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
Hey everyone. I can’t find a free ebook version, but if you really want to you can read it free online. Your best option if you want it free is to reserve it from the library. If you have an e-reader, you can reserve the ebook copy which should get to you within the week. If you’ve never reserved an ebook, it’s very easy and you don’t have to go…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess thanks. I will definitely be using that. I have to go now. 🙂 How’d you go?
- Load More

Hey @gretald! Nice to “see” you again too! It has been a long time since I’ve been around KP. Mostly because I was gone for the summer at camp as a counselor. I missed the community here! How was your summer? Did you have any family vacations?
@rolena-hatfield Being a camp counselor is fun, though! 🙂 What sort of camp was it? My summer was awesome! I got to go on a nice long vacation and have some quality time with my family.