@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Hi, @Mark-Kamibaya, good to see you.
You’re right that overviews are essential, but I was arguing that they’re way too easy to overuse and that it’s best to always be critical of them.
To clear up what I was saying in my own novel, I was talking about any place in the novel where I overviewed events as if they happened in the past instead of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Hey, @Mark-Kamibaya welcome back!! It would be a poor welcome indeed if someone attacked you now… XD
I do see what you’re saying, and to some extent I agree. For the most part, however, we aren’t talking about scene-by-scene summaries. In @Daeus‘s case, it was several chapters summarizing a character’s childhood. (At least I assume that’s what…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I’ll be sending them in once Mum has checked them so you’ll find out. Drummer Boy is one of them. @sarah-h
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
*shakes head* Promotion accepted, I guess.
The other day I posted a picture on twitter of my feet…I’d traced my veins I could see with a felted pen (I had a novella to rework and didn’t want to do it. It was only natural to turn my pen elsewhere) and got a reply ‘when you pick up a pen to write, but it’s all in vein’. I’m still not sure what I…[Read more]
-
Julia R. replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@dragon-snapper: Why, yes, I have seen Big Hero 6! Have you read The Art of Big Hero 6 by Jessica Julius? It has some fantastic concept art pieces in it! By the way, dragons are great. Really, really great. Being a dragon sounds awesome ;).
@hope: thanks for the welcome! I agree. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I’m going to stop now. I wrote 447 words (I think.) 🙂 But I’ve run out of ideas. I was writing 100 words stories which were fun, though.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Play-writing vs. General Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Jess You might have already written the script if so how’d it go?
For any future script writing tips reading it out loud is the best help! Then you’ll hear how it sounds and if anything feels unnatural. 🙂
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Play-writing vs. General Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Jess You might have already written the script if so how’d it go?
For any future script writing tips reading it out loud is the best help! Then you’ll hear how it sounds and now if anything feels unnatural. 🙂
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@bluejay Of course it is! XD 😀
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Luke-C Hi Luke! Glad you’ve joined us here at KP! I’ve only dabbled in film making and found it’s lots of fun and a lot of retakes! Have you created any short films?
@anna-brie yes, yes please have your brother join!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@spradlin‘s answer to everything, “Submit it” 🙂 *Grins*
I love writing poetry @overcomer, but I’m terrible at critiquing it. 🙁 Sorry. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I can got for an hour if you can. @sarah-h
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I can got for an hour if you can?
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@overcomer I am a huge fan of this! Definitely something that I imagine being read at a coffee house type of event. I think it was pretty solid there until the very end, and then I think you lost some momentum with a few unwieldy stanzas. The last stanza was good though. 🙂 I love the motif of “waiting to be written, waiting to be read” that you…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h Please tell me that you are still writing????????? Cause I can write too!!!
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
I don’t think I can help improve it, but I do like the overall idea. I connect with it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@hope Hmm, yes I should say it’s hard (knowing a thing or two about that). I think I’m starting to get the hang of it though. Let’s hope. Oh wait, I should say ‘let’s Hope’. Congratulations on your promotion to a verb.
I think I had some occasional problems with rough transitions before, but hopefully not anymore. If you see any though, please…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Welcome, @luke-c! It’s the sad truth, @daeus is pretty much the only active writer on the male side here. Not sure how that happened… But as a female who tries to write from a male pov, it’s nice to be able to get input from other men and, anyway…here https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/men-verses-woman/ *thrusts link at you* Daeus has been a…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus I think the omniscient pov is one of the hardest to do. It can be done well but, like you said, it can be harder to create stronger characters. Another thing which can be hard and annoying if not done right in the omniscient view (I don’t know if your story does it or not; I just started…but some published books I’ve read do this) is the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
A little late, but better late than never, so welcome, @Julia-r *Grins* *waves* cliches are fun…well, making fun of them is fun. I do that on my blog occasionally with the ‘real story’ of what villains or heroes really think. But it’s easier to make fun of them than to actually apply it in writing. 😉
- Load More
