@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Welcome Says Me! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@gideon-sowdon Hey Gideon! Welcome to the forum! Glad you’ve joined!
What other interest do you have, besides writing? -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
I’m only really familiar with the Three Act Structure and the Writer’s Journey. Haven’t even heard of the other ones. I prefer the Three Act Structure as it’s the most flexible and makes the most sense. I personally use K.M. Weiland’s variant of the Three Act Structure when writing. IMO, the Writer’s Journey template isn’t incredibly helpful and…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
I don’t really know the names of structures. I don’t intentionally follow a structure, I just build up a story so it feels right with a beginning, middle, and end. Actually, there are two parts to the middle (or can be). The reactive stage, where the character is reacting with surroundings, then the proactive stage when the character starts to…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Welcome Says Me! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@clairec But satisfaction brought it back. 🙂 (btw nice new profile pic) 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h No pantomimes are not silent. At least the ones we did weren’t. I’m not sure why they are called that rather than plays or musicals. I do know that in a Peter Pan pantomime Peter is always played by a girl. Don’t know why that either. 🙂
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Structure and Character Arcs in the forum Characters 10 years ago
I tend to think about the three act structure. K. M. Wieland’s version of it in particular. But I don’t really plot out my stories to intentionally adhere to that structure. Her character arc method with the ghost in your character’s past, the lie that they believe and and the truth they need to learn.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Welcome Says Me! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
And his world is cube shaped. I’m not perfectly sure how that works physically but he’s figured something out. There’s dwarfs(Or something like them) and wolf dogs. And in the second book there’s these swords and daggers with lots of special qualities.
And he usually writes in MS Word which automatically capitalizes the first word of sentences.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Welcome Says Me! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Welcome, @gideon-sowdon! Glad to meet the brother of my friend. *bows*
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess– it’s kind of a cross between Beauty and the Beast, the Frog Prince, and my own story. It’s kind of complicated.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ha, I am so bad at tagging, @dragon-snapper, @jess. I can’t really figure out chapters yet, what with this being my very first novel.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I was only 500 words into my book, but made it to 1,305 in a half-hour. I’m kinda figuring out my story as it goes. I had to run some boxes to the basement for my Mom, which took about 7 minutes. 🙂 I’m just establishing my story, too.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@jess, @dragon-snapper, let’s go! Vamanos! (Sorry, old Dora the Explorer taking me over. AAHHH!)
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Oops, that tag didn’t work. Read my last post, @dragon-snapper
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@ dragon-snapper: Sure! Would we be able to cut that to 30 minutes? I think we’ll be having family Bible time in about an hour.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Woah. *holds onto computer desk to keep from fainting* What is going on here? It looks awesome, but, like most people, I don’t have time to read all 54 pages of forum to find out. @dragon-snapper ? @bluejay ? @overcomer ? @clairec ? @daeus ? @jess ?
-
Julia R. replied to the topic To all and sundry in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Thanks, @anne-swiftblade! Where would you most like to travel? Say, if someone gave you a 2-week trip to anywhere you wanted in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Welcome Says Me! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Dragon-snapper he’s writing portal fantasy. Girl falls into another world meets some people ends up saving it. Something like that at least. I need to finish reading it.
And it happens that there’s a spelling mistake in his username. It’s Snowdon not Sowdon.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer I’m writing a little bit more but I’m getting up for a quick break cause I was writing before we started at 10:15. My legs are going to sleep!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer How’d you do? I wrote 1,009 words. I’m pretty excited cause I have’t been able to write for about two months! Thanks for writing with me!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer Lovely! How about till 11? (45 minutes)
- Load More
