-
SeekJustice changed their profile picture 8 years, 11 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily, hey! Yes, I’m here!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara Les Mis is awesome. I thought the movie was pretty good too! Have you ever read the book?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-anson Welcome!!! I actually think I’m prepared for NaNo. Maybe, kinda… I’m in Australia, so it’s actually started for us here!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 NEWSIES!!!!! I also do like Dear Evan Hanson. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliasa Ooh, Mary Poppins is pretty cool! I got see it several years ago at the Australian Capitol theatre, which was awesome. I love Sound of Music as well, but I don’t really like the musical aspect of it? Which I know doesn’t make sense, but I love the story and think the music and songs leave something to be desired. 😀 Have you ever…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily no worries, I’ll be here around 11:30ish, no idea what that is in your time, but a bit over an hour from now. 😀 I couldn’t remember who was doing NaNo, so I just tagged the usual people. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara greetings from a humble infp. Since we’re talking about it, I think i only scored between 60-70 percent introverted, but i feel a lot more introverted than that.
Ooh, you like musicals? Me too! Which ones?
I think i vaguely remember the Mistmantle chronicles. Did it have a squirrel MC called Urchin?
Wow all those writing projecta…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus I would definitely pick that book yp based on the cover. Its really cool 🙂 i approve.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal tests are a big one. Also magical items, cruel stepmothers/wicked enchantresses. Also grusome endings. People being turned into animals. The kings third son being better than the rest. Plot points that make no sense and great coincidences. Those are some of the things I think of.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
Okay, so that didn’t work. anybody know why?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
May I just say that this thread is amazing!! Why have I never bothered to post on it before? I do lots of collages for my novels. I probably spend too much time on them, to be honest.
@dragon-snapper lovely work. It’s so aesthetic (I love aesthetics!) and sci-fi-y.
@ingridrd nice work! I love it’s cold feel.
@Emily ooh, lighthouses! I love…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@kballen sorry it’s taken me so long to reply to you! I’m doing NaNo this year. What’s your name on the site? I’ll add you as a buddy. 😀 The best thing I can recommend (I haven’t done NaNo before but I did Camp NaNo in April and got 50,000 words) is 1. plan. even if you prefer just winging it, make some sort of outline or plot. Do exercises to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel, The Bible is my favourite, but other than that my top ones would have to be
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (its technically one book, so that saves me from choosing which of the three is my favourite)
Little Women by Louisa May Allcott
Through Gates of Splendour by Elisabeth ElliotBut I do have…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So…I need some MORE advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel I agree with everything @kate-flournoy and @jane-maree have said so far. Writing on paper is a good idea for the first draft. In fact, that’s what I’ve done for a lot of my novels. I write the first draft in a notebook and then edit it as I type it up.
I know it can be hard to fight those perfectionist urges, but honestly it’s a bad idea…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing I do like easter eggs (of both the dairy variety and the hidden one). I often put them in my own stories!
Good night (sounds so weird saying that. Its lunch time here ) good job! I FINISHED MY OUTLINE! I’m very excited!
All right, signing off now. -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing well i can’t read the sexond book till I’ve read the first!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily I’m currently editing but once I’ve done half an hour of editing I’ll do some outlining for my NaNo novel.
It can be really hard to finish a project, especially when its something so long and time consuming as a novel, but the feeling of havinv finished it is absolutely amazing. Its definitely worth pushing through even when you don’t like…[Read more] - Load More
