-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
No, I haven’t yet! I’m still outlining and writing character charts. 😀 I have the overwhelming desire to have everything absolutely ready before I write.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, I’m half here. Half working on a blog post and half watching the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Haha, I’m currently telling my little brother a story about a good robber named Smith (who steals parts of walls, but not whole walls, because that would make him a bad robber) and a baby elephant and a heffalump. He just feeds details and I make up some crazy story to go with them. 😀 It’s exasperating but fairly fun.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I could probably write a whole short story of author conversations 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Aha! I did not see that, I’ll go check it out. To be fair, they weren’t introduced solely for the purpose of dying! Well….no, no they weren’t! They did not die in vain.
….
“Come to my side, Chessy, and let us explain and understand each other.”
“I will never again come to your side: I am torn away now, and cannot…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t know what being a red-shirt in Star Trek means, but it doesn’t sound promising.
I feel that if I promised Chessy that I would never again kill anyone that she loved the conversation would proceed something like Jane Eyre’s conversation with Mr Rochester:
“Do you doubt me, Chessy?”
“Entirely.”
“You have no faith in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
That was a super sweet story and I liked the moral: You can do anything you want, as long as you are willing to lick envelopes”.
Some possible names:
Caleb–means faithful and that seems a pretty good sum up of his character.
I feel that a quaint simple sort of name fits him and the story well, something like Edward, Peter, John,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine (I did get multiple emails, it was a bit confusing, but that’s okay!)
Oh thank you 🙂 That’s so sweet that you wrote a poem for me!
“And one by one you refuse to let them live” my poor characters. They never had a chance! 🙁
I really love it. I’m copying it into a word document and putting it in the Stars Fill Infinity folder.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow!! Thanks 😀 She looks pretty cool (and the tag actually did work the first time, I don’t know why it didn’t go green). Thank you so much!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Preserving History in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
First of all, yes this is a cool idea! And I definitely think that there would be other people in your local area who would find it interesting! I’m not sure what it’s like in America, but in Australia local and family history is very big and a lot of people write books on it. They can be very interesting if they’re well written!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
And we add another Lord of the Rings fan to the kingdom!!! 🙂 *shakes your hand vigorously*. I love Faramir too, though I must say I like Frodo and Sam a little better. And Jean Valjean! You like Les Mis as well? We are officially friends now 🙂
Okay, I’ll stop being excited now. Let me think of a sensible question to ask. What…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a bookworm when you hate a book so much that you want to throw it across the room, but you restrain yourself because the cover is pretty and you don’t want to hurt it.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Anyway, I need to make myself scarce because it’s time to go to youth group. And apparently it’s asocial to work on writing whilst hanging out with one’s peers 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I suppose so. I could be known as the author who kills characters badly. that would be a bad reputation.
Hmm…good question. I don’t know a lot of guys either, but the ones I do know are super nice, not perfect but nice. There are plenty of flaws that adults have too. he might be too quick to judge someone, or he speaks without…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Phew! Crisis averted ;P
It seems I’m becoming known as the author who does a really good job killing characters. I assume that’s a good thing to be known for. Right?? But, if you cry a lot over a character’s death, at least in my opinion, it means the character was very well written and you loved them very much, so it’s a sign of…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well the fangirls have spoken. I think it would break my heart anyway, if I killed him. He’s too sweet, he deserves to live and be happy…well, as happy as he can be without Sapphire. *evil smile*
I have heeded your warning. I will not lay a finger on his life.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay cool! I really enjoy doing character charts (I’ve written two today), and I find them super helpful. My poor brain can’t be expected to remember everything by itself. And they definitely do help with getting to know your characters better.
Aw, thank you. I love Quillon too. He’s definitely one of my favourite characters and I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That’s what I usually do when I get stuck on a scene, I just write a brief explanation of what happened, and then I move on. I can usually write the scene much better if I come back to it a few days later.
I don’t remember that particular part of Anne of Green Gables, but definitely! No non-writer will ever understand the struggle!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I know! I used to say that I hated love triangles, but then I realised that I actually quite like love triangles and it’s only when they’re badly done that I really hate them.
Urgh, that’s no good. What’s up with it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Lovely! Working on your western?
- Load More
