-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Drat it, my reply didn’t post.
Basically, what I was saying was this:
I was going to add a section in the bits where Chessy chats to Justice’s grandfather with him mentioning his other no good grandson, and then I realised that that wouldn’t work because Zac isn’t his grandson. There are a few differences between Kendall and Zac,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
*tucks information away for a time that shall come* I’ve never tortured my characters by food deprivation. Could be interesting. Quillon would not cope.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh well, you’re better safe than sorry on the internet. 😀
Cool! When are you going to put up your next part?
My sister commented that Justice having to deal with Zac was like dealing with Kendall all over again, but no, you haven’t mentioned it. What do you think about their connection?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I meant a sign like this one:

My brother saw it and goes “Hey, there’s Uncle Bill!”
Yeah, I’ve done similar things before, like I was once sick for a weeks and ate barely anything and lost a whole lot of weight, and I’ve had trouble since then if I don’t eat regularly I get unwell and usually very dizzy.
The IV would definitely…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Uncle Bill is famous yes 😀 He’s even got his picture on a post out in Kangaroo Valley 🙂
Okay, so what I was thinking (as I was trying not to fall off a cliff) was that irrationality is a symptom of heat exhaustion/stroke, so maybe Uncle Bill tells her to walk back to the road and try to flag down a car, so she does, but when she…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yes, I did 😀 It was very nice!
(Also, congratulations to Uncle Bill! Um…you want to hear a funny story about Uncle Bill? We went hiking on Wednesday, along an escarpment with no fence, but I was explaining to my sister about your story and the problem I was trying to work out about why Chara would walk along the road–which I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey, I’m back here now!
Thanks, it went really well and all the old people really loved it 😀 I do Scottish Highland dancing (Sword dancing, you know 🙂 ) I love writing at the library. It’s so quiet with no siblings 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I missed you and all our crazy conversations and debates too. 🙂
Unfortunately I’m just about to go to town to do a dance performance at the nursing home, but I should get some writing time at the library so I’ll tag you when I’m back and we might be able to have a word war 😉
I think you mentioned me several times, so rest assured 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Thank you kindly 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
HELLLOOOOO! I am back! And I’m writing 😀
(also, I’m gratified to read over several pages worth of conversations that went on while I was away and to see my name mentioned with great regularity. 😀 )
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I haven’t left yet 🙂
Its a long list 🙂 We use KMs now, but do use miles a lot in conversation and we do say something is miles long (as an exaggeration).
I’ll put it on the top then 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
For some reason I was never notified about your post yesterday!
I’ll definitely put it on my list to listen to. It sounds like the kind of thing I’d like 🙂
That song does sound hilarious 😁
-
SeekJustice posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey @skredder Would it be okay with you if I put one of the pictures you did for me in a blog post (with all credit to you, of course)? If you’d prefer me not to, then that’s fine!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nope. the only time I’ve heard that word is in Newsies, but it is a fun word. Though I think it’s slightly too comical for the situation 😀
Actually, I like the term “swells”, it is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it works with the more slang way of speaking the lower class would have. It’s also the term Enjolras uses to describe…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool, okay. 😀
Well, point one, I’m trying to think of a term I could use instead of the word “Aristocrat”, something which conveys a similar meaning, and that the revolutionaries could use contemptuously.
Secondly, could I ask you some questions about my novel?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey, anyone around. I’m writing ;D @jess-penrose @jane-maree @anyone
@rochellaine I know it’s Sunday for you, but maybe you’re around for discussions?
-
Lin replied to the topic Help with Resource Library in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, you might be right. Looking at the Story Embers resource library, there are, indeed, the articles that I have been looking for.
*resists urge to make a Star Wars reference*
Thank you for looking at this topic.
I like your signature, by the way. It’s very cute. Have you named all 22 of them?
-
Lin started the topic Help with Resource Library in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, I was hoping a mod or someone could help me with this.
Okay, so you know the resource library?
So, right now, there are some items that I cannot see (like, nonexistent) like, the only ones left are the ones I haven’t looked at. The ones I have looked at, well, they’re supposed to be downloaded, right? But the only one in my downloads…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Second degree burns. Fun  😉
Do not apply lotions, ointment or fats to the burn for starters, just so we have that out of the way.
Do  not remove any clothing or jewellery stuck to the burn either.
Holding a burn under running water is the best way to treat it. If there isn’t any running water, pouring water over the wound will d…[Read more]
- Load More

That’s perfectly fine with me! Could you tell me when you do? I’d like to see it. 🙂
Thanks 😀 It’s going to be published tomorrow over here https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/