@euodia-vision
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1308
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@raxforge oooooh…..worldbuilding. i love worldbuilding.
Except I just kinda throw together what works. Half the time it doesn’t leave my brain until I write it in the story, or tell someone it for context purposes.
Also, since I write fanfics which often change the source material in some way, I extrapolate from what already exists. The…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I also use Google docs and fill out the whole thing with general information, such as flora and fauna, science, tech, etc. History is by far the longest section.
Does anyone have advice for outlining magic systems? I’m looking at you, @jonas . Or really anyone. I would like to be more organized with it, but I’ve never known where to start.
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Ah, yes. 😎
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
oh wow.
Yeah, it’s not fun to think about.
yeah no I know not everyone should be getting death threats who leads. Our pastors aren’t currently being hunted or threaten, but it was just the general idea that so many churches and pastors and believers don’t take their faith seriously
That’s true. I think unserious leaders will eve…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
🤣🤣 Does that mean you like everything about worldbuilding?
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
What is something each person here likes about worldbuilding?
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Bows and disappears in a cloud of smoke*
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I feel I must bless this topic’s birth with memes.

-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
How DARE you forget to tag me.
Just kidding, I’m subscribed to General Discussions so I see any new topics. XD Worldbuilding is my favorite thing ever, I love it so much, and I’ve been working on it again ever since I decided to rebuild my magic system for the fifth or sixth time. So uh, yeah, I’ll stick around here if anyone wants to discuss something.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Tenz
As Emeline spoke, Tenz shrunk back against the wall. The vapor around him had all but disappeared besides the tendrils that carried Reid. “I want Omi,” His quiet, childish voice, barely to be heard, was tinged with loneliness and sorrow.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you for the critique! You gave me some very helpful feedback.
Just a couple things to address so you don’t have to keep wondering
The second and third sentences seem to imply that Max’s only non-human feature is that his eyes are full of emotion. That doesn’t seem like a necessarily inhuman trait. Do I understand cor…
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
RAE THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!! YOU ARE AN INSANELY AMAZING AUTHORESS! Oh wow! This is so good! The characters, the world, the personalities, the dialogue, the description!!!!! I COULD GO ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
Wow, thanks.
I wasn’t expecting that enthuastic of a response.
Hopefully notifications work for you…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @highscribeofaetherium
Third story! This should fill in a few gaps from the second
A Visitor in the Night
“’Suuuuuuch is…the faaaaaaate of the eh-vil–”“Not /eh/. Look, there’s a vowel after the /v/, so it’s…C’mon, you’re almost done,” A mother coaxed her young son.
“/Ee/! Ee-vil-do-er.’ Evil-doer, right?” Simeon…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
I haven’t read the second part yet, but I’ll critique the first section first.
Keep in mind that this is all my opinion, and you can ignore what you want.
Your first sentence is good. I don’t have any critique for it.
The second sentence has a couple things.
Halfbreed of man and elf, Max lacked the pointed ears and the knifelike sharp…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The magic Potato knows best in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
It is supposed to say they usually hang out at their own house, and are not seen out in the open lol!
WHAT IS THISSSS
IT’S EVEN MORE ACURRATE
AHHH I LOVE IT SO MUCHTHANK YOU SO MUCHHHH
- Load More
