@euodia-vision
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1308
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
After a couple weeks of contemplation, the only genre my project seems to fall into is ‘absurdist fiction.’
Me:

It fits, and it’s funny, but it’s so hard to explain to people. I’m just trying to imagine having a conversation with a writer friend. “I’ve got a deep epic fantasy world, how about you?” “I write absurdist fiction. I’m pretty happy…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
*SUBSCRIBES*
I need to read this, one hundred percent. I’m sorry I haven’t jumped onto this topic right away, school and thesis have been attacking all my cognitive functions.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Eeeeyyyyyy cool art!!
Cross hatching and stippling look good, but they take sooo long… And if you get impatient, it looks messy.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
*offers cake, slowly claps*
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Wow! Yeah, I wouldn’t have guessed that! What is the origin of your last name?
Funny story… my grandma’s maiden name was probably originally said one way, since it’s not pronounced how it looks, but when her mom (or grandma? I can’t remember which) married into the family, she started pronouncing it a different way since she had a lisp. And…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
well, you got closer than some people do XD
It’s pronounced eyesuh-la. Hopefully that makes sense. Some places will say it’s pronounced with an “ee” sound on the end instead of the “la” but I specifically know my Oma (who was actually my great grandmother and not my grandmother but she always wanted us to call her…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Are we planning another one of these for this Saturday, or what’s the plan? 😉
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I would say it, Eye-suhl, like the Eiffel Tower but with an S instead.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Lolol! Well, then I’m saying it right. XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh no, I’ve been saying your name wrong too!! 😂 I thought it was Key-la. Where is your name in the Bible?
I think I’m saying your name right? 😅 I know we already had a conversation about this. I feel confident about everything but the “Ette”. I might have the emphasis wrong, but oh well.
The trick to no one saying…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I’ve been pronouncing your last name wrong (I’ve treated the /G/ as /G/ instead of /J/), but I think I’ve pronounced your first name right. YAY!
People mess up my last name a lot. Either they see it in writing and pronounce it wrong or they know how to pronounce it but can’t spell it. I have a friend who I’ve known since I was…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
wow! That’s so cool! Is it lines, Xs dots? Like what makes cross hatch “cross hatch” If that makes sense?
It’s straight lines that often cross each other at different angles. The more lines, the darker the shadow.
Here’s a picture of some balls drawn in a couple cross-hatch styles compared to other drawing techniques (I didn’…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
It also reminds me of Dust! You should definitely check it out, if you’re going to write a Peter Pan retelling. I’ve never really been huge about Peter Pan (know the basic story, don’t think I’ve seen the movie or read it—most of my knowledge is from Dust 😅) but this sounds like an interesting twist on it!
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
How cold is it where you are? In Wisconsin it’s currently 8 degrees (Fahrenheit) with -10 windchill. And it’s several degrees warmer than it was yesterday.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Those are great! And the one of the little kid is incredible. Great job with all of them.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @loopylin @ellette-giselle
thanks
@ellette
How do you even do that!? I’ve never heard of that style!!!
I first heard about it from a How to draw book who used the technique combined with others to create textures in a drawing. Then another How to Draw book used something similar to create a cat head with pen. For…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I talked with my dad about it a bit ago and he helped me fill in some holes, so now I’m a lot happier with the whole system now.
Yay, good! Parents are often helpful with this sort of thing. Just because they don’t know much about the system anyway and they can think out of the box.
YOU TWO SWITCHED NAMES AHHHHHH!!!! I kinda like it, i…
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Personally, I would at least have given it the limitation that the objects are still bound by their physical natures, because if you can literally make objects teleport, is there anything you can’t do?
That’s what I was thinking. But the stuff definitely moved wherever he wanted, and it wasn’t clarified whether or not he was creating t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Slides in smoothly* *Trips and falls*
Hugo
Snapping his book shut, Hugo picked up a metal box from under the nearby coffee table and strode over to an older student nearby. The student was on all fours, searching for something.
“Is this what you’re looking for?” Hugo asked cheerfully. “It must have dropped and…[Read more]
- Load More
