@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Gracie replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Ethryndal I think you’ve gotten the point by now: DO IT. 😛
I am actually in the middle of a break right now and, yes, it’s a little terrifying because, whoa, I haven’t taken a break from outlining in like, forever. XD But it is super freeing to start a new idea where you don’t have boundaries like you said. And I also am…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago

@Ethryndal I think you’ve gotten the point by now: DO IT. 😛
I am actually in the middle of a break right now and, yes, it’s a little terrifying because, whoa, I haven’t taken a break from outlining in like, forever. XD But it is super freeing to start a new idea where you don’t have boundaries like you said. And I also am…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@theacornman That sounds like a destructive eagle. I’m assuming it is bigger than a normal eagle also since otherwise I don’t think it could destroy settlements… Unless it went around breaking their arms, which any normal raptor could do (But they don’t. They’re just strong enough) and shredding stuff with their beaks. Neat.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa Good luck with the article! <3
Eww, yeah, I didn’t care much for The Good Dinosaur either. XD The animation was amazing but the story….not so much?
Inside Out and Up are some of my favorites too! But I haven’t seen Up in soooo long. *cries* My list of movies I need to rewatch has grown exponentially this past week it seems. 😛 And I…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Catwing It would be if those were in his book… 😛 His time-travel element isn’t like that though…
-
Catwing replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy Time-travel symbols? Let’s see… A watch, gears, swirly portals, a glowing book, a clock face, distorted picture, etc… @daeus That helpful?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@Glitter-Ocelot Welcome to the Kingdom!!!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
(*pokes head out of glitter* @Emily Oh hey fellow ENFJ. *high-five*)
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus Oh right, To Soar ON Eagles. It didn’t give me any Native American vibes till Kate mentioned it (thanks a lot Kate. XD) but I don’t think it’s the best one anyway. Yet.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@Daeus So far I agree with the general crowd. Those first three, eh…..not really feeling it.
However, The Man Who Came Back….
I hear an echo of that geeky squeal I give when something in a story is totally awesome.
(In comprehensible English: what Kate said. That’s more like it. I don’t think that one necessarily though.) 😛
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Historical Fiction Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g I grew up on HF reading and writing!
A couple favorite authors… L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott and Lois Gladys Leppard.
I also really liked Robin Hood and Ivanhoe. 🙂What’s y’all’s favorite historical time period to write about?
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@ethryndal Yes! Definitely do it!
You’re correct that I did recently put my WIP on hold. I’d already rewritten it about four times and had just run into another major plot issue. I decided to set it aside and work on a new idea. I feel like I improved as a writer and a person by doing that. It helped me get a new perspective on my work, start…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
And yes sometimes we do imitate Americans but are far more likely to imitate the Russian accent.
Russian accent? That is beyond cool. XD
@theacornman -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
I am starting to get into a really bad habit of not reading. I kinda need to be kicked for it lol.
I may or may not be guilty of this also. Maybe I should melt my own chair.
@theacornman -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m gonna tag @graciegirl in this, just because I know she’s been there, done that.
And also, some encouragement: life happens. So do plot holes. Take a break, get your sanity back–if you can–and don’t be afraid to try something new. @ethryndal
-
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus Ooh, I like that…although it is a little long. Of course, the title ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’ is long too. XD Maybe instead of ‘who’ you could say ‘that’….I don’t know…weird Snapper preferences.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@glitter-ocelot Hi hi hi! Welcome to KP!
Er, yes @josiahdeboer We does want to know the story behind your name??? *glances between the two of you* *shrugs* 😛
I am Dragon Snapper, both a dragon and a Samwise Gamgee and a writer and a lover of sci-fi and fantasy and a million other things.
Anyway, glad to have you here! 😀
*flies of very…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@ethryndal Oh yeah. Taking a break from something like that is very good. Not only do you want to prevent yourself from a burnout, but also, it can lead to something even better, like what @mariposa said. I’ve done that multiple times. Planned out a story, begun writing it, then stopped. In fact, I have more than thirty stories in my files that…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Ethryndal do it. I plead horribly guilty of workaholism, but more and more I’ve come to value re-charging and taking a step back for a change of perspective.
I strongly do not recommend trashing the story you have, but I understand where you’re coming from. My current WIP (yeah, that one) has been going for three years and it drives me bonkers…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Taking Breaks from Unfinished Books in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Ethryndal do it. I plead horribly guilty of workaholism, but more and more I’ve come to value re-charging and taking a step back for a change of perspective.
I strongly do not recommend trashing the story you have, but I understand where you’re coming from. My current WIP (yeah, that one) has been going for three years and it drives me bonkers…[Read more] - Load More
