@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper @SeekJustice I am hereeee. *settles down with pizza* Critiquing stuff.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@seekjustice Ah…wish I’d done that. XD Some of the silly mistakes–I had three names for one character.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m currently editing as well. My novel which a few alpha readers are going to go through soon. I’m just fixing up a few things.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@seekjustice I’m editing my novel, Sector One: Insurrection. You?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@dragon-snapper yay!!!! I thought I was going to be writing solo today. 😀 What are you working on?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@seekjustice I’ll join you if you’re on, and to anyone else, I’m editing.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 12 months ago
@radically-surrendered I estimate you’re about 14 hours behind us then. 😀 Absolutely pointless to know, unless you’re me, with several friends in the U.S.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Brainstorm Help: Supervolacoes, ravens, and ping pong balls in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 12 months ago
@bethanysinkyroses that would be @sierra-r and I have forgotten Cindy’s as well. 😛
The first thing that strikes me as I read your summary here is that you’ve focused a lot on symbolism.
That’s a good thing. But it can also be a hindrance. In my experience, when I focus too much on the symbolism of a thing, it comes out one-dimensional as only…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@dragon-snapper @Emily @catwing @salome01w4g @jane-maree @shannon I’ll be on in half an hour to do some editing. any one to join me?
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Brainstorm Help: Supervolacoes, ravens, and ping pong balls in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 12 months ago
Brutally honest post
A four. It’s sprawling and epic and boring. It seems like you want to tackle too many things at once. I wouldn’t worry about weirdness. But if you (personally) believe the story is as you described above, then I think it’ll be too big to handle. You can still keep (probably) all those elements, but if you think that’s what…[Read more]
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic *Stereotype Alert* in the forum Characters 8 years, 12 months ago
Only if you make it cliche. Cliche means it’s overdone. It’s something the audience has seen before. It’s predictable. So, sure, go ahead and start with a “cliche” premise. But as the story progresses make it unpredictable. Then those surprising moments will be what the audience will remember. Not your “cliche: premise.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *Stereotype Alert* in the forum Characters 8 years, 12 months ago
@warrioroftherealm no character is ever cliche if they are approached as a person with a logical reason for being who and where they are in life. It sounds like this woman has a very good reason for being ‘strong’.
At the same time, I think ‘strong woman’ is frequently misunderstood or misinterpreted. A strong woman is not a masculine woman. A…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 12 months ago
@radically-surrendered WOOT YES, I’m Aussie. *waves enthusiastically*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@kballen Hi! Are you joining me? 😀
I’m working on my WIP, on a very slow and very annoying sequence on scenes. It’ll pick up eventually, but these humps are…hard to get over. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@salome01w4g @jessi-rae @epicaddie2 @anyoneelse I’m on.
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Beta Readers for Fairytale Scifi Book! 🙂 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 12 months ago
@livylynn This sounds so awesome! If I wasn’t so busy, I would definitely read it. 🙂
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@catwing @Emily @epicaddie2 @salome01w4g @anyone I’m working on my science fair project, and then hopefully on to writing!
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Fairy Tale Retelling in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 12 months ago
@jess-penrose It’s actually due at the end of December. 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 12 months ago
@radically-surrendered As of right now, it’s 2pm. Is it Tuesday for you? 😀
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 12 months ago
@radically-surrendered Oh, very interesting! 😀 Video games are great to get ideas from, especially if they have a bit of a story that you could be inspired from and develop further. 🙂
A random question, but I like to know these things: What’s the time there? 😉
- Load More
