Beta Readers for Fairytale Scifi Book! :)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Beta Readers for Fairytale Scifi Book! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    LivyLynn
    @livylynn
      • Total Posts: 21

Hello Kingdom Pen Peeps!

I’m SUPER excited to announce that I just finished a novel I’ve been working on this summer!
      I’m not entirely sure what category it falls under, so for now I’m calling it a Fairytale Scifi book! Haha.

I would absolutely love to get some feedback and critique from other authors and readers out there! If you’re interested in reading and offering feedback for this story (230 pages), please comment below or personal message me.

I’m not the best at writing brief summary’s, but it’s the story of a girl who doesn’t believe in fairytales, and discovers that she has royal heritage, related to one of the most famous Princesses in all of fairytale history! She’s invited to a school in Germany where she learns about her past, uncovers family treasure, and embarks on some wild adventures. The target audience is YA Teens who enjoy Fairy-tale Retellings, and Scifi.

I can only take a limited number of Beta readers, as I already have a few others who have volunteered for this project, but I thought it would be a blast if some of my new KP friends wanted to get involved! Plus I know that none of you have read my previous work, so your feedback would be totally unbiased.

Thanks so much for considering! <3

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield
        • Total Posts: 405

@livylynn Hey! Do you have a certain time you want the feedback sent to you? I’m super interested (fairytale/ sci-fi sounds fascinating!) but am trying to think through all my time commitments.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

*crys because she is going to beta read this month a different book and she loves fairy tale rewrites and is busy anyway* Sorry I can’t right now… maybe you will need another beta reader later.
          Sounds cool.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Louise Fowler
          @perfectfifths
            • Total Posts: 726

@livylynn It sounds really good! And I am very interested, but I don’t think I’ll be able to. I’m already beta reading three other things for three friends, plus I have a few projects of my own that I really need to give some time to. 🙁 Sorry! But I just wanted to say, your story sounds so interesting, if I had the time, I’d definitely want to beta read! 🙂 I’m certainly interested in reading when it’s finished. Do you have a title yet? 😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Hannah
            @salome01w4g
              • Total Posts: 991

@livylynn how long is it?? (Like word count) I might be able to do it. I’m reviewing something for someone else but I’m a quick reader so it shouldn’t take very long.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

LivyLynn
              @livylynn

@rolena-hatfield Hi there! Thanks for your interest! Ideally, it would be great to have the feedback either by the end of this month, or the next. 🙂

@catwing
                Aw! but yes, I’m sure there will be more stories to Beta in the future! 😉

@perfectfifths
                Thanks! And yeah, I totally understand. I do have a title! I’m not sharing it publicly yet though. 🙂

@salome01w4g
                The word count is 999,729

Hannah
                @salome01w4g

@livylynn oh my that’s impressive. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be do it. I’m so sorry. 🙂

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy Get over here. I just found someone crazier than you.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

Wait, @livylynn, are you sure that’s not the character count? It sounds like a lot of words per page.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@livylynn *gawks* if that is indeed your word count, I salute you for being crazier than I am! 😛 I thought my books were ridiculously long. My current WIP, at its ‘final’ second draft stage, was 500,000+ words.

I love beta-reading but unfortunately I can’t take any extra projects right now. I’d not be able to be as thorough as I’d want to. Sounds really cool though. 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                        Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Aw, I’d love to do this but unfortunately, I can’t. School comes first and I’ve got too much of that on my plate right now.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

LivyLynn
                          @livylynn

@salome01w4g @daeus @kate-flournoy @salome01w4g Ohhhh my goodnesss, no wonder you all think I’m insane, haha, I’m so sorry, somehow an extra 9 got in there!!
                            The word count is only 99,729 LOL.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by LivyLynn.
                            Hannah
                            @salome01w4g

Oh well that changes it a great bit, when do you want feed back by??

@livylynn

Rolena Hatfield
                              @rolena-hatfield
                                • Total Posts: 405

@salome01w4g Livy told me she was hoping for it back by the end of this month or Nov.

@livylynn
                                Hahaha! I was like, 999,729! Whoa!!!!
                                I would be more than glad to read your story. I’m fairly certain I could get it back to you by the end of this month. If you’re good with that, I can send you my email address. 🙂

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths
                                  • Total Posts: 726

@livylynn Ooh, intrigue! Why is that. or are you not sharing that publicly either? 😉 And that’s an impressive word count! 🙂

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >