Hello!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 103

@jess-penrose
      Thank you for clearing that up for me. And thats a tough one question. But I guess my answer would have to be mystery/thriller, that sort of thing. I love reading mystery, but I just dont think I could write it.

@seekjustice

Australia?! I’ve always wanted to travel the world, and Australia would have to be pretty high on my list of places to visit. I’m really facinated by different countries.

@aratrea

I started thinking up and writing stories when I was twelve or thirteen, but none of them really stuck. But I’m pretty confident about this one. So technically, I think this will be my first.

@kballen

Spanish is definetly not the easiest language you could learn. I mostly ride when I’m outdoors, but other than that, I like to climb the mountains we have around here with my friends or drive around and explore with quads, or stargaze in the night. We live in a very rural area, so theres not a lot of lights the stars have to compete with. 😉

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@radically-surrendered yes, I live in Australia! it’s pretty amazing here, @jane-maree @clairec @perfectfifths are all Aussie too, and there are a few more floating around. I love other countries too, and it’d be fascinating to visit Mexico one day. 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths
          • Total Posts: 726

@seekjustice Did I hear my name? 😛

@radically-surrendered Welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😀 Your books sounds so interesting!

Anyways her parents were cast into exile on an island where the Kingdom sends all its criminals, ‘undesirables’, and rebels, and she was born there, but longs to see the outside world, for freedom.

This part reminds me of the fact that Australia used to be a penal colony for English convicts (and I haven’t read all the rest of the conversations on here, but you’ve probably been told that already 😛 ).

Currently reading Les Miserables

Anonymous

@perfectfifths

Thank you! You’re actually the first to comment on that. But actually, I was inspired by a video game my brother got for Christmas last year, Uncharted 4, I think it was. I watched him play it back then, and I was intrigued by the story. It was about how one pirate had rallied other pirates to pool their treasure and build a safe haven for all pirates, where they could keep all their treasure, sort of a pirates paradise. War broke out when all the money disappeared, and eventually everyone was killed; the game actually follows a few people in modern times who try to solve the mystery of what actually happened to all that treasure. But I thought about what if those pirates had succeeded. What would happen over the years? And I liked the idea, but it needed something more. I don’t know exactly where I got the ‘exile island’ idea, though. Maybe I subconsciously used Australia’s history. I know a lot of random facts that sort of seep into just about everything I do, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Louise Fowler
            @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered Oh, very interesting! 😀 Video games are great to get ideas from, especially if they have a bit of a story that you could be inspired from and develop further. 🙂

A random question, but I like to know these things: What’s the time there? 😉

Anonymous

@perfectfifths
                It’s 10:53 p.m. here right now. How about there? I like to know random things, too. 😉

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered As of right now, it’s 2pm. Is it Tuesday for you? 😀

J.A. Penrose
                  @jess-penrose
                    • Total Posts: 377

@radically-surrendered Cool! I would be pretty similar actually.

Writer | Freelance Editor
                    Inspiration&lt

Anonymous

@perfectfifths
                      It was Monday. 😉 But now it’s Tuesday over here. 7:37 a.m., to be exact.

Jane Maree
                      @jane-maree
                        • Total Posts: 909

@radically-surrendered WOOT YES, I’m Aussie. *waves enthusiastically*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anna Brie
                        @anna-brie
                          • Total Posts: 312

¡Hola @radically-surrendered!

Mexico! I learnt a little bit of Spanish a few years back. Not much though. No hablo de Español.

I love the O’Malley Chronicles though i haven’t read them in ages. I’m generally more into fantasy these days.

I’m also a fellow homeschooling and city loathing, country girl. And I’m another Australian.

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered I estimate you’re about 14 hours behind us then. 😀 Absolutely pointless to know, unless you’re me, with several friends in the U.S.

Anonymous

@jane-maree
                              *waves back* 😉

@anna-brie

I haven’t read the O’Malley Chronicles in a while rither, although I want to read thrm again soon.

@perfectfifths

Or if you’re me and you just like knowing for no actual reason other than knowing it. 😉

Louise Fowler
                              @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered Also a valid reason. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >