@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Hi! So I have been making notes for the KPA… Could you show me where in the forum your sword and cape were taken from you? I’m curious 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Shannon and Emily are on a three-month hiatus… :-/
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I’m doing some editing. You still there?
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel 😉
Uhhh…. yeah. Okay. Sure, ba dum tiss. 😉 XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths It’s genius-bad. It’s… well you know how hilarious bad jokes are! I didn’t mean it quite like that…
LOL… fine. The tank went to the doctor to get a shot
BA DUM TISSSSS
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel That’s not bad, it’s genius. 🙁
A tank going to a doctor to… Run him over?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Okay, let’s try this again…
@aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @catwing @perfectfifths @seekjustice @that_writer_girl_99
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly HAHAHA those are hilarious
@perfectfifths Arrr! Bad one XD
Think about it! A tank going to a doctor to…..
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know. 😛
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Noooo!!! Not the muffin joke! That was everywhere during the years I did drama, and everyone hated it!
But I do like those tank jokes. XD
Here’s a pun I made the other day:
Handing a clock around the room is a great way to pass the time. -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*Stan spreads his wing stubs and roars*
*evil smile*
*Amazon.com suddenly gets order for thousands of packets of glitter*
-
Snapper replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@shannon (for whenever you return… ) @sam-kowal
Even though he was weaker than Dragon-snapper. Tell him that I commiserate with him on that point. No one can defeat her. Unless I can figure out a way to immobilize her in a pile of glitter 😉
Oh, thanks! Stan is super pleased. He knows the pain of the rest of the world, having to submit to…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’M BACK!!
I don’t know what everyone else has recommended, but I’ll give you some of my favourites
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
- A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr
- The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
- A Time To Die by Nadine Brandes. An absolutely awesome book!
- Les Miserables…
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel yes. Finish Narnia first 😉
Besides that, C.S. Lewis’ sci-fi trilogy is said to be good (I have the first book but I haven’t begun it yet). Then…
– Ilyon Chronicles, by Jaye L. Knight: great fantasy novels with a historical twist, and with the most tortured character you’ll ever meet.
– Blades of Acktar, by Trish Mingerink: they’re…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daeus @catwing @ethryndal @epicaddie2 @that_writer_girl_99 @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy
I am in need of some book recommendations. Preferably fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction. Also something with action. I have read like half of Narnia, the Hobbit (but not the LOTR), and the first bo…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Here-ing.
@inkling-for-christ Ah! Nice topic! 😀
Challenge: Show
Setting: Fell off a tree
Cat watched Dog balance on the branch, wobbling then proceeding to bark every so often.
“When are you going to fall?” Cat asked, licking her paw.
Dog snarled, “You got me into this mess! Help me!”
“Don’t chase me,” Cat said.
Dog bristled, his…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ *rubs paws together* Let’s kick this off!
Challenge: Show
Setting: The feeling of winning a competition
Justin smiled and blinked rapidly in delight as Mr. Parker honored him with the trophy. When he took it, he barely kept himself from tossing it into the air.
How’s that?
@dragon-snapper, Come here!
Your challenge i…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations, @aislinn-mollisong!
@that_writer_girl_99 Let’s see……
How to Get Inspired to Write when you’re Stuck:
- Take notes. That’s the left-brained thing to do. I would take notes on the plotline and the characters’ motivations to let yourself know how exactly things are going to turn out for them, and how they react.
- Listen to…
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
Never Ren. Always Vader.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 I did see those, but it didn’t really register to me that those were THE texts. Now that I think of it, though, they had to be. Which is kind of disappointing. I was thinking they had been destroyed and the Jedi Order was being left behind…And yeah, it does undermine Yoda’s words.
Oh well
All this means, @daeus, is that Rey will…[Read more] -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thank you! 😊
- Load More

@dekreel sure! I think I can find it… it’s back when there was a marketing group for KP, so I’m not sure if the thread is still there, but I’ll look 🙂
It’s in here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-and-volleyball-2/ That’s where my cape makes a mess of things. The story was never finished in there (I acted out the rest when I was daydreaming one day 😉 ), and I think I lost my sword in one of the writers’ corners. I can’t remember which one though 😛
I couldn’t access it…. So when you said “The Evil Overlord” stole them, did you mean Michael Stanton?
I was afraid that might happen 😛 Let me try to summarize the story best I remember it:
There was a volley ball match in the Kingdom of Pen. Everyone was invited. We were all supposed to make epic entrances before we began playing. I was terrified, because I’m HORRIBLE at volleyball, so I was hesitating at my entrance. I’d brought my trusty cape…[Read more]