@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Oh, yeah, the rank under your name depends on how many times you’ve posted.
Once you have made…
- Your first post, you are a Bumbling Henchman
- 20 posts, you become a Charismatic Rebel
- 50 posts: Wise Jester
- 100 posts: Loyal Sidekick
- 300 posts: Knight in Shining Armor
- 1000 posts: Eccentric Mentor
- 2000 posts: Chosen…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
If you had not tagged me and I’d missed the opportunity you’d have been in serious trouble.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus yes!
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine You like Les Mis? AWESOME! I like it, too! Although I’m only halfway through the book so far. I’m really enjoying it 😉
@emma-flournoy, I found another Les Mis fan for you! ;-P
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *looks in awe of raspberry sunshine*
@inklingforchrist Good question. I honestly don’t know. Every time I start a novel, it’s a big fear of mine that it’s not going to be very long at all. But even if your novels are short, it’s okay. My only suggestion for making books longer is adding in more conflict between characters and…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong 😀 Now, you just need a nice heavy electronic beat to go along with a robot singing XD
Those are actually really neat, though. (Once you disregard the extra text XD) I love when stories have in-world songs and lore, it makes them feel much more rich and solid. And having them as chapter headings is a really good idea 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I really enjoyed the Dragon one, but the Giant one was definitely…unique. And the last one made no sense at all, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t meant to 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m a historical fiction lover and writer too. I’m currently obsessed with the French revolution and have just read The Scarlet Pimpernel, A Tale of Two Cities, etc, lately.
I love Elisabeth Elliot’s books too! Which is your favourite?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered XD *sips on hot chocolate*
“Arise, magic super piano ninja thinker of the great epic idea warrior”
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine 😀 That’s interesting
It does all make sense, because I have read some urban fantasy. It’s more…breezy, and simple, in language, I think. Not like some high fantasy, which delves deep into rich language and carefully described scenery. Maybe I’ll try urban sometime 😛
😀 Well, I have a few. But the one I’m mostly working on right…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Actually, I don’t really watch that many. 😛 But I read a lot of history, especially from that time period. And sometimes I just read a lot about a random subject. For some reason I know more about Ginger Rogers than any of her other contemporaries XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine My favorite would have to be… the one about the dragon 😛 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 That idea would totally work. It’s a really intriguing one. It’s not entirely new, Bryan Davis used something similar in his Echoes from the Edge series, which is also written from a Christian point of view. Your ideas with the music sound a little more elaborate and exciting than his, though. Echoes from the Edge is…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ve actually read that article, ha. @daeus
Ummm… *sighs* Okay. The swordsmen in my WIP use them to fight monsters, so…um, I know nothing and if you could maybe just start with explaining the different kinds of swords?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *bows with a flourish* Why thank you. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s fantasy. Sure thing (I’ll give you the long synopsis…)!
Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.
Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday. Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trac…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Very cool blog. I love your style.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Anything you can give me on swords, fighting styles, etc. will definitely be helpful.
- Load More
