@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
The one thing I think of, when it comes to deciding on a theme, is myself.
Sometimes, when I’m writing, I step back and take a look at my characters, only to realize that within them are little pieces of myself–loneliness, creativity, past regrets. This makes the characters more realistic; by drawing on these feelings and memories, I make them…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
You got to be at your little sister’s birth? That’s pretty cool! I’m pretty certain that would have freaked me out.
Anyway! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. Everyone has asked all of the interesting questions so I’ll leave you alone. (I didn’t know there was Christy tv show! Actually, I think I’ve read some of the books based on it though. I…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Alright, folks! Friday is here, which means the next newsletter is just around the corner! But don’t worry, you can still get your advice into the newsletter! Just drop your advice here!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Thank you!
@supermonkey42 Thank you! I’m glad it sounds original, and I really hope it is. 😉
@jenwriter17 Thanks for the welcome! I can tell that I’m really going to love it here. 🙂 I love all of Chuck Black’s books, the Ilyon Chronicles, and Lord of the Rings. My favorite genre is fantasy, though I also really enjoy…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano That sounds like an awesome WIP. Good luck with it!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
I like 2 and 4!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered, yes, I think he does become a Christian, or close to it in the book. And his wife actually died a long time before Christie came in childbirth. So that whole element isn’t there.
@mariposa Nice to meet both of you! I love making earrings, and I make cards…sometimes. I love to read, and play the piano. And I love doing…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Howdy! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) greet you! 🙂
What are your favorite hobbies? Do you like to draw?
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
*nods* Yeah, those episodes I would count as some of the older, better ones. We’ve watched the whole series. 😉 Both Adam and Albert are pretty cool. But in the final episodes, it isn’t even about the Ingalls anymore. Sadly. It’s mostly about Laura and Almanzo.
Oh, have you gotten to when Nellie gets married? Those ones were pretty funny, with…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@LivGiordano Yeah, I haven’t seen that many TV shows either. 😛 Plenty of period drama miniseries, but not regular TV shows.
Ahh, I think that depends on how far you watch. *wiggles eyebrows* There are lot of great older ones, but the further you get, at a certain point, you get at least two new AWESOME characters, and by default many more…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh sheesh. That’s hard. I would have to say team David. But they’re both awesome. *whispers* I read the book, just because after that final episode, I NEEDED to know who she ended up with. That was the most horrible ending every. *sobs* Anyway…have you read the book? It’s actually pretty similar. And she didn’t end up with who I expected her to.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm They’ve gottcha covered already. 😉
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy Thank you! I’m feeling at home here already. Y’all are great at welcoming people. Yeah, practically the only reason I said Little House on the Prairie is because I couldn’t really think of many TV shows. XD. I like Mary, I think. She’s pretty cool. Yeah, the episodes seemed to progressively get more strange though. I liked the…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@GracieGirl HEy, that’s really cool! I didn’t know you recorded stuff. Do you record your own books, or just your favorite other books and the like? Sweet.
Heh, me? Not bad, not bad. 😛 Pretty busy (though not as busy as it sounds like you were 😉 ). But good for the most part. Reading a lot too. (I’m pretty sure you knew I’m not actually a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@LivGiordano Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome!!
Little House on the Prairie‘s good. Most of the time. 😛 Sometimes the stories are really flat. But most of them aren’t. Who’s your favorite character?
And I’m so glad you love classical music. Not enough people do. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Heh, yeah. 😀
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal in this book, I have tried using Latin words. It’s pretty fun. and when I want something a bit different, I can use that! Or other other languages as well. It just depends.
@mnvalentine I love classical music, which I also love to play on the piano. That’s definitely the biggie, though I also love contemporary Christian.
-
Joy and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano 😀 Pure Starlight sounds really intriguing. Nice use of ‘Caelum’ to represent a kingdom in the heavens or the skies, by the way. Do you use Latin words often?
I love fantasy, too :D! All of my writing projects right now are fantasy, and it’s my favorite genre. Always nice to have another fantasy fan on here. And yeah, fantasy is…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yeah, I kinda know you…because of everything on KP, and I just recently signed up for your Show don’t tell course. Thanks for the welcome!
- Load More
