@esther-c
Active 1 week, 6 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Wait… you posted in the spring channel here, I think. Are you joining KDWC?
Lolol! Yeah, senior year is kind of crazy.
Normally everyone’s trying to kill each other with jokes.
🤣🤪
Oh wow. I’ve never really thought about that before, but it must be really weird and interesting. What’s the coolest thing you’ve learned so far?
Yea…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
The only problem is, I’ll have to figure out where that belongs in Cole’s character arc, since the timing on that is a little uncertain. I’m planning for this to be a duology, so that might be a great idea for the second book. I’ll just have to spend some time figuring out when I want to repair their relationship.
Ah, so you want th…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, this is unrelated, but by the way, how is Challenge 4 going? What are you planning to do for your senior thesis? (I saw you were sprinting to work on it.)
You’ve seen that already? I haven’t figured out how to make a slack account yet. 😂
4 is going well! Classmates have been a little emotional, though. The first day this year, one…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Great! Yeah, I thought it was a really cool way to detail the narrative and make Sara’s voice distinct. I’m glad it doesn’t feel too distracting.
Now to be more consistent with it 🤔😂 -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
First off, @whalekeeper had an amazing suggestion for Cole and Sara! Love that!
Second, I like the synesthesia. It’s interesting and I don’t really know much about it so I feel like i’m uncovering something new as I read. I may be the odd number on this, but I personally enjoy it.
how about you, @linus-smallprint ?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
You’re good! XD
Oh, this is unrelated, but by the way, how is Challenge 4 going? What are you planning to do for your senior thesis? (I saw you were sprinting to work on it.)
I think I understand what you were trying to say, and I love that idea! A scene is starting to form in my head already 😅 The only problem is, I’ll have to…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome!! Sorry I stopped tagging you, I didn’t know if you were still reading.
I’m sorry I didn’t read sooner. XD I seem to have the unfortunate tendency of promising my feedback on multiple manuscripts. Nevertheless, I am here.
Making the world relatable was one of my big focuses, because I didn’t want it to just be this unr…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome!! Sorry I stopped tagging you, I didn’t know if you were still reading.
Thank you so much for the feedback! Making the world relatable was one of my big focuses, because I didn’t want it to just be this unrealistic cliche dystopian. I wanted the reader to be able to see why the government was this way, and for the gra…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m sorry, that sounds really hard. You were able to find a doctor that seemed like she knew what she was doing, right? Have they been able to figure out different ways to help you?
Yeah, it can be hard, but most of the time it’s not too bad. Same. Mine’s more guilt/compulsive thoughts. Mainly just enhanced anxiety, but i…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle oh sorry I forgot about that! Eddie would’ve loved to go with Rory, but she’s also the type to jump at the opportunity to go with any guy
The Twins
Ellie rolled her eyes.
“Don’t let her scare you,” she said to Syph. “You don’t need a partner. You can just show up. You don’t even need to dance. You could…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
I really enjoy politics and government. This interest started around 2020 with the election, and has only grown since then.
Lol same! I didn’t pay much attention to politics until 2020 but especially after the election I’ve kept up with it a whole lot more!
My previous fantasy WIP was basically a war between two groups. My current…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@the_lost-journal I’ve never read the original Jurassic Park but I’ve heard the movie cut some of the worst parts, so I’d be inclined to agree with you.
I was thinking of this movie called Flora and Ulysses, about a girl who rescues an injured squirrel only to find he has superpowers (i know, that sounds lame, but it was funny). The book is dec…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
also here’s the song that inspired the train setting:
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I also have a short fic for this drawing; it’s not canon to the first work I wrote for them but is really more of an AU. I kinda want to write more of it—why is it so urgent that the whole team has to be together? How exactly are they gonna do what they’re supposed to be doing?
My claws clicked on the metal floor as I raced down the mostl…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper @anyone else who wants to take a look
here’s the finished artwork! what do y’all think?

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Other than that:
- I don’t hate the stereotypical four elements thing, nor do I dislike light and shadow being added to the list. Actually, the funny thing I realized was that it’s basically the states of matter:
–fire=plasma
–air=gas
–water=liquid
–earth=solid
so yeah there’s my take on that.
- mythical and extinct creatures being real…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator yeah come to think of it that is really weird.
Inflation rates must be through the roof.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
paperwork, insurance, college, taxes, a job…good luck! XD
I’m gonna need it haha, although I was able to strike out one of those in that my parents are ok with me not going to college as long as I train in some kind of trade I can survive on.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Honestly, their economic system makes no sense. They just have infinite money???
- Load More
