@esther-c
Active 1 week, 3 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3885
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@the_lost-journal where are those from?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Yes, he would.
Rory
Rory stared at Leo for a long moment, letting the older boy’s words play over in his mind. Leo turned to start down the hall, and Rory forced himself to keep up. “Leo…” he hesitated. “Leo, what is free? I know what my government says free is, but I think free means something different to everyone. At least, that’s…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Ok. I sympathize.
I do not have a stutter, but I get seriously caught on words and/or forget the word I was about to say right as it’s ready to leave my mouth. Then I’m awkwardly staring at the person I was talking to while doing mental gymnastics. Or I just repeat scrambled phrases until the right one comes out. It’s gotten worse the…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon
Lois
Lois sat down at a desk in between Hugo and Victor, and the teacher resumed her lesson. Hugo pushed his science textbook to the edge of his desk so both he and Lois could see. Today, the class was starting by reviewing the periodic table, which had a lot more elements than Lois remembered from his previous…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Scrivener Questions in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Awesome sauce. Please do tell me how it works for you. I’ll take any info about these questions at this point. 🙂
(Completely understand. I’m ok with tech, but one moment of brilliant logic will be balanced with blankly staring at the screen wondering how a string of 1’s and 0’s could make something so confusing.)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper wow!!! I hope that person was okay.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Rory
Rory didn’t say anything. It was too confusing. It didn’t make sense to him… but perhaps Leo’s world was different? If that was possible.
Rory let out a slow breath. “Leo, do you have Agents where you’re from?”
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
That’s terrifying. Hopefully it was just an overly dramatic kid.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Felicity
“I’m sure he would like that. I would too. I’ve never pet one. They would run off if I tried. You must have some really special talent to be able to get that close to them.”
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Celarent
Celarent glowered at Mateo, stuffing his hands in his pockets to hide their shaking. “Fine.” He could usually keep his mouth shut and convince people to like him, but something about Mateo made him forget every one of his carefully rehearsed rules of human interaction. It was infuriating. Celarent straightened…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Ryla
Ryla nodded uncertainly. Falling into something or someone seemed like a foreseeable consequence of walking backwards to her, but neither of them had been hurt so it didn’t matter. “Take two. They’re chocolate chip.” She handed Maverick her bag of cookies. “Do you typically walk backwards?”
-
Loopy replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Glad I can be useful.
How often does your stutter happen?
It happens every day, but seemingly at random. I talked to a stranger today without having any problems, but then got stuck on the word “profile” when asking my friend if she had a spotify profile/account. It feels as random as getting hiccups, except more often.
Does it still…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m not sure. The police told me to call back if I hear anything else. My neighborhood is not a suspicious area – it’s old and very peaceful – but there’s a thick fence behind us, and a large apartment complex beyond. That’s where it probably came from.
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m so glad you brought this back. And I’m glad you spoke up, because I’m writing a protagonist whose speech is very affected by stress, and it’s interesting to read about. How often does your stutter happen? Does it still affect you when you’re alone (if you talk to yourself)?
It’s also fascinating how stutters are similar to tics. I…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
that’s disturbing.
do you think you’ll find out what happened? -
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I hope they’re okay, too. It sounded like a woman or a child, so I just hope it was an overdramatic kid? …I don’t know.
It was real because my sister heard some of it. I went out to my pitch-black yard and listened for a long time, and even heard faint sobbing in the wind. Very disturbing.
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper Good im glad you’re ok. Kinda worried there for a bit.
I hope the person you heard was ok too
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle @loopylin @keilah-h
Sorry for commenting so abruptly, so late – I’m okay! XD I heard bad screams coming from my skylight window. There was some sobbing and yelling for help, and it died away before I could figure out where it was coming from. So we called the police.
I tend to hear weird things in the middle of the…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Middle-grade fiction ideas needed!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m gonna be the parent whose kids can’t date until they graduate high school. At that point they’re 18 and free to roam the world anyway, but I think there’s something special about being able to focus the teenage years on building relationships with God, friends, and family, and being able to grow as a person and begin…[Read more]
- Load More
