-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
If you want, I would be happy to mark that chapter up for you and give a few spots where it felt emotionally lacking to me as the reader.
That’d be great! I already have made some changes to the first part of the chapter, so I’ll head over to The Baron Chronicles topic and repost the chapter.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
np
but I honestly really liked that chapter the way it is. Like, a LOT. I don’t want you to touch it. If it’s the chapter I’m thinking of (the end one) it was one of my very favorites.
Yes, the end one. This is very interesting to me, cuz I honestly like the last short story the least. Not because of the story itself (the conce…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Thank you! I’ll try posting on Thursdays.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Like, people go on and on about how he was basically “The Perfect Fiction Writer,” do they realize he was just a guy who was SUPER passionate about his story?
I think his passion is what made him the best fantasy author. If Tolkien didn’t love writing, and didn’t love the story, then it wouldn’t have been a classic. It wouldn’t have bee…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Yep, basically burnt out. And easily distracted XD. Three more stories. I dragged my feet in the last one.
Honestly, you were one of the main people I had in mind when I decided to go for it. I LOVED your book and it meant so much. People need to be able to read stuff like it, but honestly it’s so hard to get p…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
@rae @ellette-giselle I’m glad you guys were able to work something out!! I’ve just self-published every time I finished a book, but I have a book on writing and it talks about how to get a publisher, and I was like “wow, this is…..really complicated. Do we really need to do all this?”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
@ellette-giselle ikr? Cats are either the sweetest or little terrors, and there isn’t really an in between lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 3 months ago
@ellette-giselle so cute!!
lol
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
Wait really!!!!!??? You might be going with us?!?!?!
I looked into like twenty different publishers today, some briefly, some a little more in-depth. The only two I liked were yours and one that I can’t even submit my book too so…yeah, I’m probably gonna go with you. To be honest, you weren’t my first choice (just a bookmarked…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Summer 2025 Project: The Ashen Star (Working Title) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
I’ll try to check it out! It sounds cool, but I don’t know if I’m ready to sign up for reading another project right now. I’m sure there are some people on here who would, though!
Throwing out some tags…
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @theducktator @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @the_lost-journal @theshadow @thearcaneaxiom
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
I still feel like Jonathan’s brother might not be dead, but I know you tried to quench that.
Jonathan was pretty smart, and the Agents wanted him before, so they might try to get him to work for them. Or something. Maybe use Michael as leverage. Or they want them to help them defeat the rebels by taking information… 🫣
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
They should be on there, but it might take a minute. Sometimes I have to reload mine for it to work.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @theducktator @whalekeeper @theshadow
New chapters!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 3 months ago
UPDATE
I have five stories left to edit. It’s going much faster than I thought since apparently Past Me is better at editing than I thought she was, and besides a few little tweaks, I’m mostly just rereading the stories (which is so much fun! Though it feels almost like cheating. I promise I am actually editing places where I see problems!) I…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
I’m going to be in Chicago from Wednesday till Sunday, and we aren’t bringing the laptops, so I’m going to disappear for a few days. I’ll catch up when I return.
-
whaley replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
What is Jonathan’s arc supposed to be?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
He’s slowly softening to the rebels, and becoming curious about their strength and hope. Also, he apologized.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mission Impossible– Two books out by 12/14/2025 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 3 months ago
Hey, I was right.
Good chapters. Jonathan’s arc is starting to turn around, yay! 😁 I liked the way you did that, and the ending of the last chapter.
- Load More
