-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle haha yeah…
it’s useful for story writing though
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator @whalekeeper whoaaaa I didn’t mean to start a HP fight in the replies, I was just stating why I personally don’t trust it. I don’t think any of you are like, evil or anything for reading it.
but I would agree with what whaley says on the “Are the books basing off real magic, or are they just fantasy with cool…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh yes!! I think I’ve seen the quote ‘through darkness, the light shines brightest’ in a couple of kp signatures, which is kinda what you’re saying.
I think I like writing things that can be dark because it’s relatable. I find that some of the Christian places I’ve known in the past aren’t willing to deal with the idea of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Our Last Hope sounds really cool!!! Yeah, why is it that the darker plots are more intriguing? lol. (Well, I know why they are to me, but no need to branch off on random topics.)
Thank you! I don’t work on it really often but it’s kinda my pride and joy as far as projects go XD
Hey, branching off is what we do here. I’ll listen…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint started the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
Hello everyone. I have a question. In the book I am working on, magic is an evil thing. It twists its users into monsters. My protagonist, Alan, has used some of this magic and become a wizard. He regrets it deeply.
In the chapter I am currently writing, he finds another wizard who, after using magic, became one of The Faithful (What Christians…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I knew they were the faithful the minute I met Martha and Eric I knew it! I honestly did!
He he!
Hmm, I like Stripe. He’s going to be an interesting character.
He was the only character that I was not cringing at when rereading my first draft. Also, of all my characters in TNPT, he is probably the one I came up with first. I’m g…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Just so you know, there’s an 85% percent chance I will not be participating in this art challenge. My art mood has kinda dilapidated.
If I don’t post anything before August 20th, don’t bother to wait up.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with Whaley…I need to step away too.
-
TheShadow replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Book blurbs: tease, don’t summarize with the plot. It should also get the reader really excited and interested, so find a good hook. @linus-smallprint gave some really good advice.
I will not be here to read the new sections until the 23rd since I’m going on a trip, so if you tag me I will likely not respond. The story is goo…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
You’re good, it’s just preference 🙂
I’m an Outliner as far as what I want the story to look like, the conflict, the rough points, etc. Some stuff comes while writing. So, a confident 7/10ths of an Outliner. XD
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Don’t you find it a little funny that Aaron is the one to bring the kids back after being the strongest opposer of the idea?
There is an irony in that, which was why I thought the chapter was good. I read the last section you posted as well.
“Finnick is fifteen. In a few years he could find a place of his own,” offered Sabina…
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I think it’s a good idea if I step away from critiquing LTBL. We probably don’t have the same preferences in writing, and I won’t be able to help you if I’m not on the same plane of thought 😅 Good luck with this draft!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @loopylin @stephie @theshadow
Tis time for the next chapter. Thank you for your patience.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Maybe the fact that you are the first person to say that to me has something to do with it…… I normally get told to let other people be the authors of their own stories and stick to mine.
Okay. I am the author of this story and I won’t take every suggestion you have, but I do like to hear others ideas, so please don’t worry abo…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
But then that makes right-handers day ALL THE OTHER days of the year!!! 😀
Perhaps, but that is less special.
Ok, I’m done giving un-asked for ideas.
Sorry.
Not sure why you are apologizing here. Your ideas are welcome.
and ha I didn’t even notice that with Alan and Oliver in the beginning.
I am kind of glad you…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I will NEVER start a book without a specific goal in mind. I had the end before I had the beginning. There is a certain amount of graphing that I do before every story, and you can be sure that all things will tie into the end of this book, or the plot of the next. I most certainly did outline my book. I’m sorry if you can’t see…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!??!?!
Wow it’s like you can read my mind lol!
Anyways….
I totally agree with what Whaley said.
The time jumps just take away so much from the story (even at the beginning where Aaron and Turin were working together) and it makes me lose interest. You do great at describing outside of the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @ellette-giselle
I can try XD
I think the focus needs to be waaay deeper. The writing is very much outside the characters’ perspective, and only tells the bare points of the story. So the orphanage endeavor feels random.
To compare it to something, the perspective is like a bird high in the sky. Everything below looks like doll…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Just popping in because I’m bored, lol!
I kinda agree with Whaley. The story just doesn’t seem like it’s going towards a specific goal…like the events seem a bit random and idk how to describe it but it’s like your story’s missing something but it frustrates me because I don’t know what exactly I’m missing, just that something…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve already written the whole book.
Oh cool, this is a plenty-of-work-already-done thing.
why do you ask?
I was asking because I’m not sure what direction the story is taking. What should the reader hope to happen next? Both in Aaron’s arc and in the outward plot? – A sense of where this all leads. Because the orphanage plot w…[Read more]
- Load More

