-
Power posted an update 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle
Hail Giselle! Thy compliment is indeed kind, and I shall attempt to assist with what knowledge I know and experience I experienced, but I shall give you fair warning. . . I am far from a sword master.
Now that I have claimed my disclaimer (And you shan’t be able to sue me for missing limbs), let’s proceed!
I’ll start with some i…[Read more] -
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 11 months ago
Interesting idea for Joseph. I may play around with it. However…. (carefully approaching this so as not to spoil anything…..) Joseph’s struggle isn’t doubting God as much as doubt himself. (NO! this is not a believe in your self story. *gag*) His greatest fear is that if it comes down to it, he will not be physically and spiritu…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, it was in there, about a paragraph, same time you got Noah’s backstory.
Missed that. Oops.
Is that what you think…….?
Hmmmmm
No comment.
Which technically is a comment. This is just what appeared to be in your epilogue.
Okay. Book 2. Here we go.
No you’re not crazy. Honestly, I will be asking a similar question the t…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks!
Thank you!! I guess I’ll have to get back to you when it’s published lol
Thanks girl! Yeah, traditional lineart beats digital all day long.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
@hybridlore oooh I love it✨✨
@keilah-h He is sad😅😭😭 but as for what happened…that’s a spoiler 🫢
@ellette-giselle TY SO MUCHHHHHH💜💜💜
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 11 months ago
This was like a treasure!!!! Oh this is so, so good! I can already see some scenes where I can add all of this stuff in/strengthen it.
I’m glad to hear you are finding it helpful!
Ardentan’s betraying the church……………. Someone’s quick on the draw………… tho I may have intended to save that one……….
It’s called being an author, as w…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle
Is Collins saying we should all act like Darwinist survivors tho? Just because Katniss has a traumatized survivor mentality, doesn’t mean Collins thinks it’s a good thing.
I thought the evil government was about:Desensitization – – – – dehumanizing others (the birth of the Hunger Games) – – – – now children are traumatized and…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Gotcha
it’s all about doing whatever you must to survive. Then we have covid, and what happens? Americans make compromises with their freedom that should never have flown all in the name of survival
Yeah totally. A text, especially something that can be sloppy around the edges (like Hunger Games), can negatively affect the cu…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks!! 😁
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah I’m not a huge fan or critic of Hunger Games. A lot of the appeal for teens is drama/gore thrill, but to just dismiss it because the protagonist has an overwhelming survivor mind defeats the point of her character. You feel me?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle @freed_and_redeemed @keilah-h @anyone-interested
New moodboard for Sara Bauer, the main character in my 2nd WIP:

She has synesthesia and is a budding writer/journalist. Her story takes place in dystopian (2090s) Denver
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
First the Boxcar Children, now Little House??? Whyyyyyyyyy must you ruin my childhood like this?😫 XD
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Cool discussion on 50 Shades, I’ve been exploring the 2010s romance/dystopia through video essays for some time now, and that was one of them. What a freak of nature. XD I’m disappointed with Wilson’s take on Hunger Games though, just read an article on his opinion and it was very shallow. Wilson is one of those people I have…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle sure thing!!
I wouldn’t mind that. I don’t listen to podcasts much but that sounds interesting.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
@esther-c @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @rae @ellette-giselle @anyone-else-idk-lollll
Aesthetic for Moishe Mintz✨
(a main side character for a WIP I came up with earlier this year and have recently been playing around with👀)
I gotta say he might be my fav charrie from this newer WIP

-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper @loopylin
Ok so I can’t share the finished cover bc y’know I’m waiting until I finish the whole thing XD but here’s the lineart for the cover of my fantasy scifi wip OLH.
It cuts off bc the drawing is huge and my scanner i tiny lol.

-
MineralizedWritings posted an update 1 year, 11 months ago
One of my emails is inkedbycorvuss@gmail.com. It’s new so hopefully I remember to check it lol!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks for all the tags and info Rae! I appreciate it!
I’ll have to look into rejoining the character castle. I think my old group has probably dissolved lol.
Great! Wyoh is such a pain XD
XD wow that sounds like chaos.
Hi! Nice to meet you, I go by Min around here.
I have a post that introduces me if you want to look at it…
- Load More

WOOD/BAMBOO
Pros. These can be used for more realistic training and are definitely better in regard to weight and rigidity. Bamboo also doesn’t hurt too badly.
Con. You will likely need gloves and possibly a helmet or padded cap (Especially for wood). I personally don’t like them because they break. . .
POLYPROPYLENE (Hard plastic)
Pros. The…[Read more]
When and if it comes to protective gear, I recommend that if you can’t dump a bit of money ($400-$600 for one person) into the real stuff, get motorcycle gloves, a helmet (I use a ProForce Thunder Padded Combat Head Guard with Face Cage), a throat guard (Gorget), and some form of “breastplate”.
Why wont it let me post the rest. . . ? 😒
https://www.hemaalliance.com/
@power
Hello! Thank you for replying so soon!
Ah, thank you for the tips. Maybe I should have mentioned that we own quiet a few polypropylene and some wood and bamboo. My dad also has a collection of mettle swords ranging from cavalry and claymores to catanas and sabers. So, I’m kinda past those stages and was really looking for a mettle blade…[Read more]
It sound like you might be looking for what is called a side-sword, a.k.a Spada da lato (Italian) or cut-and-thrust rapier. They are fairly light blades (2-4 pounds), range around 3 ft, are single handed, and are used for cutting and thrusting. Basically it’s a mix between a rapier and a arming sword.
Haha! I just came to the conclusion today that what I was looking for must be a side-sword!
I’m considering this one.
Do you know anything about Kingston Arms?
Thanks for the help and the Hema website is awesome!!! I’d heard of Hema but never knew there was a whole thing set up…[Read more]
No, unfortunately I don’t. I would try and check as many reviews as you can.
Another thought (Way to blow money 🙄😆). A side sword would pair well with a targe, buckler, or dagger.
Yeah, but I’m not gonna blow money at the moment……..
Oh, a dagger.
*Stares off into distance with stary eyes*
Okay, stop it, I don’t have THAT kind of money. I’m gonna have to save up for this sword a little, and I just can’t do anything else yet……. Though i would love a dagger.
The reviews seemed good, but if you had some background…[Read more]