-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Wait, you wrote the hymns? I thought you had just pasted them in. 😳
(There’s a lot of hymns I’m not familiar with, since we don’t normally sing them at my church.)
-
hybridlore replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 9 months ago
I finished! (And the art for the cover is really cool.) I gave answering those questions a shot, even though you might be past the point of feedback, I figured you might want to hear what I thought.
Were the characters believable?
For the most part, yes. At times, there was somewhat stilted (slightly forced seeming, or maybe a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’ve killed my fair share of teenagers….. and a few little kids……………..
Yeah, I have too, or at least not stopped such a thing in a fanfic if I’m rewriting it. but usually not a main character, and not super commonly on screen.
I mean if it’s realism, it kinda has to be done (oooof I sound so sadistic for saying that, I promi…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle sorry ’bout that! Mostly I just read and enjoy the chapters. Others usually say what I have in mind.
you should be. I’m above nothing.
Executing a teenager and a pregnant woman is something even I would shy away from writing lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle wow! I’m kinda scared for them. I hope at least someone will make it out alive.
Also, I like the hymn and suggest you keep it in. Shortening it if you have to is okay, though.
My idea? You can put the whole hymn in the back of the book, and if there’s a tune you had in mind while writing it, add that too, so people can play…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I liked it—although it has been fuel for my dislike of the word soup.
What?? You don’t like the word soup?? I love love love the word soup, you must be absolutely out of your mind, girl. 😝 You like the food though, right?
I read Narnia, but other then that I read mostly fiction set in our world or a fantasy world that was…
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah, I wasn’t fond of it. I don’t remember why I don’t like it either, I just don’t.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
You can’t leave me hanging there!! 😖 Although, I’m wondering if I want to know what happens next.
No real changes to the scene that I could think of. The one hymn is pretty long, but if you want to include it all, that’s fine.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
SERIOUSLY?!
Lol, I guess I have to write now…. I’ll be back when i have something
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper @ellette-giselle @highscribeofaetherium @grcr
thx
WHY HAVE YOU NOT BEEN POSTING YOUR ART!!!???
Because I’m gonna hate these drawings, and then they’ll be forever on here. Besides, they’re far from perfect.
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium @ellette-giselle
I do what I can. 🥰
-
whaley replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh, you’re not interested in strange creatures? Not even an Oiple?

At least a lot of middle grade fantasy isn’t dirty, and you can find a lot of fairy-tale-like stories. I think I’m always curious to find those stories for a younger audience which are for adults too, because they end up being the most subtle. What kind of st…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Andrew replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
*accepts high-five* Thank you, I have my ways.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh my goodness! I want to read more and more and more! I want to see the part where Baron gets his scar!!
Thank you for tagging me!
You’re welcome.
I’m currently writing Baron’s story in the form of an anthology series. I’ll post it when I’m done
Oh, btw, you never hit anyone with snowballs!
That’s because I’m…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I like the new version. It’s just a matter of not wanting to to change the tone of roleplaying be ause I feel like it’s really silly for other people to read for some reason. But you’re right, nobody is going to care that much. And Marcel changed for the better too.
Sorry if the way Im role playing is frustrating at all
No no no, you’re…[Read more]
-
calyhuge replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper Uncharacteristically for me, I liked the movie better than the book
That and Mary Poppins are the only movies I liked better than the book
-
whaley replied to the topic Kate DiCamillo in the forum Book Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh they are very good! You like stories with animal protagonists, right? (I think.) Despareaux is right up that story lane.
I was interesting in Tale of Despareaux for the world building involving the government. I love tyrannical Government books, and my next story might have characters getting thrown into a pit if…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
- Load More


