@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@Jenwriter17 I do songwriting too, so if you wanted any help with anything/another POV on lyrics, etc, feel free to drop me an email. *fingerguns*
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 You are very much welcome!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @ariel-ashira Are either of you still here?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, I wish I had time to do that. sadly my self imposed deadline for my book is coming up, and I have to write a speech for my mom
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I am on, but I am not writing. Â I am actually watching all the videos that Josiah and Daniel made. Â Im about to die of laughter!!!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, @ariel-ashira, y’all on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking Those are great prompts! Thanks for bringing this topic back. It was so much fun!
Here’s one I thought of today:
“But why would he want to kill me?”
“I don’t know why he will do it, and I don’t know how he will do it. All I know is that in the end, you will be dead.” -
SeekJustice posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey @skredder Would it be okay with you if I put one of the pictures you did for me in a blog post (with all credit to you, of course)? If you’d prefer me not to, then that’s fine!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@daeus @jess-penrose thank youuuu! 😀 I’m keeping all your guys’ tips in mind
@kaya-young thanks! <3
-
Daeus replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
One tip: try to match the mood of the tune with the mood of the words to as fine a degree as possible.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira When you get a chance you should look it up on YouTube. 🙂 It’s What a Comforting Thing to Know from The Slipper and the Rose. One of my favorite musical songs ever…but then, I’ve got quite a lot of those! 😛
By the way, I’m revising the last section I showed you of my western where Chara wakes up. You told me you might have…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine No I never heard it before. Â Good morning!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Good morning!
Oh, do you know it?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine That song is hilarious! 😀
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Alrighty then. More on songwriting! (thanks @sam-kowal, yes I may be able to help.)
So, to be honest with you, the best way to write lyrics is to literally just write what is on your heart. Just write what you are thinking whether it is lament, praise, informing, or whatever you are feeling. See what sort of tune seems to flow from…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal thanks so much! Yes, I’m working through watching those videos and trying to understand it all 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, it’s basically just a comical word. 🙂 Oh yeah, Newsies is American. Okay. 😛
Great!
Yes! It’s an amazing musical, made in 1976, so it’s old enough for me, but the style is modern enough that I think you’d like it. The twist on the Cinderella story in this one is that after the prince tries on the slipper and finds the girl…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nope. the only time I’ve heard that word is in Newsies, but it is a fun word. Though I think it’s slightly too comical for the situation 😀
Actually, I like the term “swells”, it is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it works with the more slang way of speaking the lower class would have. It’s also the term Enjolras uses to describe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Do you use the phrase “highfalutin” in Australia? 😛 Just wondering. That probably wouldn’t work in the scenario you describe.
In America the upperclass are called “the One Percenters” but…that’s kind of a political thing, and actually the One Percent are usually the more conservative capitalists, so they’re really not the “bad g…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool, okay. 😀
Well, point one, I’m trying to think of a term I could use instead of the word “Aristocrat”, something which conveys a similar meaning, and that the revolutionaries could use contemptuously.
Secondly, could I ask you some questions about my novel?
- Load More

That’s perfectly fine with me! Could you tell me when you do? I’d like to see it. 🙂
Thanks 😀 It’s going to be published tomorrow over here https://anordinarypen.wordpress.com/