@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Well, this isn’t really something I think about a whole lot because I tend to have a good grip on my characters so I just always do what feels right for them and it pretty much turns out. I guess though personally, if I had a brother I thought was dead show up alive I would probably rush him and hug him.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
just saying, still here
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@Jenwriter17 pretty much just throwing in all the subplots and more try-fail sequences will fill out your plot a lot more.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing oh, good to know 😉
Rin would probably rather be deaf. Not sure why though.
would your character rather be duct taped to a plane mid flight or jump into Niagara Falls? Yeah this total random craziness 😜
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know if anyone is on, but I’m here
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I think Daeus and Kate got it. Basically, make things more complex. A longer story, more in depth themes, more characters, conflicts, obstacles to overcome, and more live scenes. That being said, you can’t just tack that stuff on to a story that is short at its core. Otherwise the story will drag. Layer things on, and see how in depth…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Need Advice with my Character's Responses in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@itsastarrynight Thank you! @daeus Do you have a little time to give me some advise on this?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 I guess I just describe every scene in detailed, sensory language, and I have been working on adding more subplots. I do struggle with creating complicated plots!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @bekreations *beam* Thanks for bringin’ this back, guys! I don’t know what to add, but… 🙂 *thumbs up*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Why thank you. 🙂 And I love your version of Aspen!!!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@daughteroftheking
Kay would rather relive it.
She refuses to tell me what it was though…Alexandria Evergreen (Alex) would rather talk about it.
Sneaking to the Northern part of Evergreen forest.@sarah-Anson
Kay would sit in the cell with her worst enemy, Alice, and hope she doesn’t go insane. She doesn’t want someone she likes to hate her…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-Anson I agree with @skredder @gh24682468999 @ariel-Ashira . Interview your character, write him in a different scene, flesh out your character.
But in edition something you could do for fun (though it will probably help) is to make a collage for him. I had to figure out somethings when I made my collages. Also got me excited about my book. 😋 -
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks! I’ll try it out.
-
Sink replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks! Yes, they are. The middle is Smaug and Bilbo… Bilbo with a katana, anyways. (Don’t ask me. It just happened.)
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@bekreations, you brought it back! yay
“Woah, woah, slow down,” the man says, as he strides over to me. I glare at him.
“My name is Brek. This bag carries machine that, although it looks like a glowing rock, it is incredibly dangerous.” Brek pauses. “As for your friends, they are individually separated into rooms such as yours…” Boom…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder My character (Rin) would probably rather fly. Since she lives in the city, it would come in handy 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia haha, well I’m glad you don’t have the same trouble 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, sadly I don’t know. I try to write a short story and it becomes a series…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus Thank you both! I’ve been meaning to get part 2 of the course…. 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-anson One thing that helps me when I am having a difficult time picturing and understanding one of my characters is to write out a bunch of questions about them. Like, what makes them cry? What makes them laugh? How do they react to different situations? How do they change from the beginning of the book to the end, and what makes…[Read more]
- Load More
